Truth Serum

"Fred can you slow down and answer me when I'm trying to have it out with you! Why did you tell Lee to stay away from me?"

"Ah, you're mad at me? Oh Jess if you'd only made that more clear...sure yeah we can have a chat right now, right in this empty bloody hallway where we could get caught any second!"

Fred had walked off out of the Gryffindor common room, causing Jessica to follow him as quickly as she could. He was much taller than her and more powerful, so she was struggling to keep up with him in her heels. The sound of their steps echoed through the abandoned castle walls, with only the lit candles and glimpses of moonlight to guide their way. Fred knew the castle much better than she did, so she could only trust him that he was taking her somewhere where they would be secluded and not heard. 

Away from the heat of the party, Jessica started to shiver. It was much colder out here now at night and her little dress wasn't enough to keep her warm. However, she was pretty sure that the goosebumps on her arm were nothing to do with the surrounding temperature, but of the anger she was feeling instead.

"Yeah, I am mad, did you not think I'd find out?" she asked.

"No, of course, because you always seem to find out everything, don't you?" Fred replied mockingly in front of her, "You're spying all over the place these days; in hallways, in bathrooms, even interrogating people. Have you ever thought of just minding your own business?"

"Oh no you're right, I shouldn't go through so much trouble" Jessica snapped back, the clinking of her heels steadying pace as she raced to catch up with him, "...by the way remind me what's that thing you invented again, the extendable ear that helps people eavesdrop was it?"

Fred halted and turned to her suddenly, his voice dropping to a harsh whisper. "Just shut up and follow me for fuck sake, why are you shouting so loud, are you trying to get us both caught?"

"Where are we even going?" she demanded to know.

"I said be quiet!"

Eventually, after walking around for five minutes in silence, Fred pulled out his wand at the doorknob of a small wooden door just of the main corridor. "Alohomora," he whispered deeply and the door's lock clicked open. Fred opened the door, and Jessica could see a tunnel of steps downwards, leading to an end that couldn't be seen yet. "It's either here or not at all," Fred said to her, "it's the only place we won't be caught so take it or leave it. Unless you're going to run and tell your friend Pansy about it that is."

Jessica twitched at the mention of Pansy's name, and now refueled in her annoyance that Fred was starting to get at her for her Slytherin ties, she entered down into the little tunnel without hesitation. Jessica pulled her own wand out from the strap Pansy had given to her for her leg (for emergencies) and whispered 'Lumos'. Her wand emitted a silver bright light and allowed her to walk down the uneven stone steps, which certainly would have caused her to break an ankle had she gone down in heels in the dark. About a hundred or so steps later, Jessica stepped onto a flat surface. Through another archway, the tunnel turned a corner to reveal a small room. It looked much like it used to be used for a small classroom at one time, but now it was just a broom cupboard full of odd-bits and cleaning supplies. On one side it had a large pointed curved window, which overlooked the entrance to Hogwarts, and in the distance, she could see the bright lights of Hogsmeade. The moonlight poured in through the panels, meaning she and Fred could now see each other clearly as they both stepped into the room.

"Muffilato locus," Fred whispered, and briefly, a light blue bubble drew from his wand and expanded outwards to cover the room. It disappeared once it reached the corners of the ceilings, and Jessica guessed that the room was now fully soundproof.