Fire & Rain - Part One

Draco...Pansy...Blaise...Theo...

...it had all been a lie.

Memories previously deemed unimportant were flashing through Jessica's mind as she stormed through the castle, heavy rain now pattering onto every window that she passed. With every laugh, every smirk, every small conversation over breakfast, she was looking for a sign that she might have missed. A sign that would've given their game away earlier, that they were never her friends, that they never genuinely cared, but it was useless. She had to accept that her Slytherin friendships, just like every other relationship she had made this year, were built on secrets and lies.

They had set her up for the ambush, they had purposely tried to make her over into one of them, they had even gone to the lengths of setting dementors on her without any concern for anyone else. It had all been going on under her nose whilst she trusted them with her friendship.

A grumble of thunder could be heard in the distance and though it echoed the corridors, she couldn't hear it. Her heartbeat was pounding so loud and fast that her ears heard nothing else as she approached the Great Hall.

"Jess please just listen to me," said Theo as he and Pansy stood up from the top step of the Slytherin staircase. They had obviously been waiting there ever since she had left them. "We've been waiting for you to come back, we need to tell you something-"

Jessica did not look at them or even acknowledge their presence. She simply felt the pure rage roaring inside her and her necklace getting extremely hot. The next thing she knew, both Theo and Pansy were collapsed on top of each other - each having been viciously thrown down the flight stairs.

"Sorry, I'm busy," Jessica muttered ruthlessly, ripping out her earrings and chucking them down to their unconscious bodies.

She ran out into the courtyard, rain pellets bouncing off of her face as her determined eyes blazed through the winds that whirled around her robes. In the distance, the trees of the forbidden forest swayed from side to side and the black lake rippled with the roaring force of nature that was threatening it from the sky. It was as if Voldemort himself was already there, causing an environment that reflected her thoughts.

Oh, she wished he was here, just so she could rip the bandit straight off. If only she knew where to start looking, but no one could help her with that. Asking Draco was certainly out of the question, and she wanted to do at least one thing herself.

She wanted to end it, end what Voldemort thought was his chances of winning the war. Dying truthfully in a world that had only forced her to lie didn't seem like the worst concept right now. She would even take death over this life where she could never truly feel peace.

"Jessica...Jessica..."

She looked around to see the origin of the voice and on her right side, she could see the faint outline of Dumbledore, his face emerging out of thin air like structured steam. He was whispering faintly in the wind, causing Jessica to roll her eyes.

"Jessica it's Albus, I need to talk with you."

"Oh, do you now?" Jessica replied grumpily, passing the overflowing water well in the courtyard, "where the hell have you been, they all need you here!"

Dumbledore's face melted and turned with the direction of the gail force, his beard swinging right next to his ears.

"You must understand why I couldn't tell you where I went," he said calmly, "it's was too dangerous, Umbridge and Fudge have wanted me out all year so I had to go to avoid the consequences, and if I wrote to you saying where I was then I couldn't trust that it wouldn't be read by other eyes."