One Step Foward, Two Steps Back

The rest of the week flew by in the buildup to the second match of the season - Slytherin Vs Ravenclaw. Jessica's nights were filled with practice, homework or Firewhisky production, a trio of things she thought she would have never thought would apply to her at the same time.

Unfortunately, due to this, she hadn't been able to hang around with Fred much, or anyone else for that matter, and it killed her. Due to Snape and Dumbledore's watchful eyes, she hadn't even been able to sit at the Gryffindor table for dinner times when they were present, she had to appear to be trying to make an effort to follow their orders.

However, being around the Slytherin's wasn't as agonising as she had initially thought it would. Yes Blaise was a bit too serious sometimes to laugh at her jokes, and yes Draco had ordered her around a bit too much when it came to her slacking on Firewhisky production, but overall it hadn't been that bad. Even Pansy had almost treated her like a friend, and created her own cocktail for her one night after they were done working. Apparently everyone had one. It was coloured red, which she was sure was Pansy's way of still giving her a little dig.

"And that's when I had to run out of the Black Lake, fully naked, all the way back to the dungeons," said Blaise as the Slytherin teamed finished up the last of their pre-match breakfast in the Great Hall. He was telling Jessica the story of their last day of fourth year, when the group of them stole his clothes after daring him to skinny dip near the merpeople.

"How did you do that without anyone catching you?" asked Jessica as she leaned in, engaged in the story.

"Oh no he got caught alright," said Adrian as he swallowed down his last gup of pumpkin juice.

"No way, by who?" she asked.

Draco puffed his chest out and coughed loudy to clear his throat, "You have one hour to brew this potion to an acceptable quality."

Jessicas mouth dropped at Blaise after Draco's scarily accurate impression, "It was Snape that caught you? What did he do?"

"Nothing, it was the last night of term," Blaise answered, "but he got a good look, and unfortunately for me it was freezing in that water. Wasn't representative at all."

The whole table sniggered as they all finished their breakfasts, Jessica having thrown most of hers in the floating bins when they all weren't looking. Her appetite was non existent in fear.

Adrian eventually rallied the team to go and get ready when the other students started waking up from their lie-ins and filling into the hall, and they all went down the hill together in the crisp morning air towards the changing rooms.

Jessica had her own changing room due to being the only girl on the team and when she had changed into her new Quidditch robes provided to her by Draco's father, she took a moment to look at herself in the mirror. This was the first time she had seen herself in the new uniform, and the shade of green matched her eyes exactly, making them stand out against her dark hair and paled skin. It had all suddenly become real, she was about to play her first game. If she messed up, it would matter. In just one hour she could become the laughing stock of the school, and there was no way Draco would let her in then.

"Surprise!" someone shouted in her ear as a flash of red hair jumped on her back out of nowhere. Out of instinct she nudged whoever it was in the ribs with her elbow and as she heard them groan out in pain, she opened her eyes to see Ron keeled over, clutching at his side.

"Bloody hell sorry, but what did you do that for?" she asked apologetically, as Ron clambered over to sit on the bench, wincing in pain.

"We told him you'd do that but he wanted to do it anyway, serves him right," said George as he entered the tent, shaking his head at his brothers pain. Behind him followed in Fred, Harry, Ginny and Hermione.

Decree No.29 (O.C) Fred Weasley/ Draco MalfoyOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara