24th Chapter

We arrived in Topkapi due to Gevherhan and Dilruba's wedding. After three months I finally arrived in Topkapi and I finally had hope I could see my sons.

Osman allowed us to come here only because of rules of marriage and traditions, but Mahfiruz wasn't so happy when she saw us.

I walked to Gevherhan who was getting ready in one of the chambers. I came inside and saw my daughter in beautiful red dress and veil on her head.

" Valide." Gevherhan said as she walked closer to me and kissed my hands, but I saw on her face she is not happy about this.

" My darling, don't be sad on this day, trust me

" My darling, don't be sad on this day, trust me. I met Halit and he is about 20 years old. I talked with him and he is loyal to us. You have nothing to worry about my love." I said as I took her hands into mines.

" Valide what if he won't treat me well? What if he will be bad and only make me sad?" she asked me worriedly.

" You are Sultana by blood. No one can behave bad to you. You always have opinion to divorce. And if he dares to make you cry even once I will kill him by my own hands." I said to her and I could finally see her smiling.

" I will do whatever is needed to turn my husband on our side. He will have to help us to put Mehmed on the throne." Gevherhan said and she finally made me happy as she accepted the wedding.

" My beautiful girl, you are so smart and intelligent. But I will do whatever is needed. Tonight, I will get rid of Osman. He won't be able to see the morning." I said to her and left to the Harem.

Mahfiruz putted giant throne inside the Harem where she was sitting. She was so proud as she is Valide Sultana and we all had to bow to her. I sat next to Halime on sofa while Mahfiruz measured us for the whole time.

Nilufer walked closer and sat on the pillows down on the floor. I know that she must have been successful if she sits here with Mahfiruz.

" This is Nilufer, Osman's favourite. She is pregnant and hopefully we will soon have new heir to the throne, so we won't need your sons, Mahnaz." Mahfiruz said and I was ready to explode on her.

" Don't even dare to talk like this, Mahfiruz. You may be Valide Sultan but you and your son still don't have respect from the army and people." I said and I could see her face expression changing quickly.

Soldiers were against Osman because he killed Mustafa who was heir to the throne. People also weren't so happy because of his rule.

I gathered a lot of soldiers by my side, and I knew I will use them someday to get rid of Osman if my plan doesn't go like it's supposed to be.

" Give me that ring, Mahnaz. I am Valide Sultan and it should be mine." Mahfiruz said as she jealously looked at emerald Hurrem Sultan's ring.

" While you put state in so many troubles and people are dying outside because they don't have food, only thing you care about is the ring?" I asked her and raised my eyebrows.