16th Chapter

"Hunkarim, Mahnaz Sultana gave birth to twins." nurse said when I gave birth for the third time. Nine months passed since Handan Sultana posioned herself. While in Harem there was huge sadness, I made Ahmed happy with news of my pregnancy.

" My beautiful Mahnaz, two beautiful children. How happy I am on this day." Ahmed said when he happily entered infirmary together with Safiye Sultan which really liked me and it was really weird for me.

" Two boys, Hunkarim." nurse said when she gave my beautiful children to Ahmed.

" Your name will be Kasim." Ahmed whispered into our son's ears.

" Your name will be Bayezid." Ahmed whispered into our another son's ears.

" Thank to God, Hunkarim, you have a lot of healthy sons now. May God bless them with magnificent life." Safiye Sultan said while she was putting amulet in my sons' cribs.

" Soon, Gulbahar Hatun will also give birth. It will be her time soon." nurse said and that reminded me of thing I feared the most.

During the sadness, Ahmed took a concubine on one night havlet. I was so hurt, but he promised me he would never do it again.

But what happened is that Gulbahar stayed pregnant after their havlet in really similiar time as I did.

Mahfiruz and Gulbahar got along really well. Both of them disliked me and they thought they would be more powerful together.

" Hunkarim, Gulbahar Hatun is giving birth." Haci Aga ran into my chamber where I was with Ahmed and our children. I felt sadness at this time because knowing Ahmed is going to have a child with another woman hurted me a lot.

" Come with me, Mahanz." Ahmed said and placed his hand in front of me. I really didn't want to go but I had to.

Halime Sultana and Safiye Sultana were already standing there. Mahfiruz was there also and she couldn't stop measuring me with fear.

" Mahfiruz, you and Gulbahar got along so well, but now when it's time for her to give birth you are scared." I whispered to her ear knowing she is afraid if other Şehzade would be born.

" You are more afraid of that than I am, Mahnaz." Mahfiruz said to me.

" Don't forget I have four princes, I don't know why I should be afraid." I said to her and at that moment doors of infirmary opened.

Halime Sultana was nervous because each son would mean less chance for her son Mustafa to survive.

" Hunkarim, it's a girl." nurse said and I could see everyone felt more easy at this moment.

" Your name will be Atike." Ahmed whispered into her ears while all of us were in front of the doors.

Next morning Kalika woke me up. I was afraid what must have happened when she is waking me up, she never would do this.

" Sultana, Sultan Ahmed named Murad Paşa Grand Vizier. Murad Paşa sent a letter to you and said that he sent Giorgio on ship which will take him to Venice." Kalika said and I felt so easier at this moment.

" Thank God. I don't have to worry about this anymore." I said as I sighed from relief.

Kalika gave me the letter Murad Paşa has sent to me to read it.

Dear Sultana, I want to thank you for collaborating with me. You can be sure you chosed the right side. I wanted you to know that Giorgio is sent way back to Venice and he won't be a threat to you anymore. But you should be afraid of Safiye Sultan, she is my enemy since young age. I am sure she will try to sabotage you when she finds out how much power do you have.

"I think he is right, Sultana." Aybige said while she was carrying Kasim in her hands.

" Safiye Sultana acts too good towards me and that is really weird to me. I mean she is obviously happy she got to rule the Harem." I said and understood Murad Paşa is right and that I shouldnt forget what kind of threat Safiye can give me.

" You should take care of that. She got rid of whoever she wanted, but she won't be able to get rid of you. You are even younger and you are more ready for it than she is." Kalika said and smiled to me.

" I have to learn something more about Safiye Sultan." I said as I putted my lion Kasim to sleep in his crib.

At that moment, Mehmed and Gevherhan, my beautiful twins which were already four years old walked towards me.

I took them in my hands one by one and putted them to sit in my lap.

"Mommy, I missed you so much." Gevherhan said as she hugged me. I hugged her and kissed her forehead.

" I am here with you my angels, are you happy you got little siblings?" I asked them.

" I am, I have more brothers to play with." Gevherhan said happily, but Mehemd didn't seem to be so happy.

" Mehmed, love, what is wrong?" I asked him as I couldn't look at the sadness on his face.

" Will you love us now the same way? They are babies, you will love them more." Mehmed said and looked at me with sad face.

" Mehmed, have I loved you the same way when your brother Murad was born?" I asked him and he nodded with his head.

" And I will always love you the same. You are all my children. You all have equal part in my heart. I will never make any differnce between you, you can be sure of it." I said and kissed his cheeks.

" Where is Murad?" I asked Aybige.

" He is sleeping, Sultana." she said and I went into smaller room of my chambers and saw my lion Murad sleeping peacefully.

" Mommy, is Osman our brother? He doesn't want to play with me. He said his mother told him we are enemies." Mehmed said sadly to me and I couldn't believe why is Mahfiruz filling Osman's head with those nonsenses.

" Osman is also your brother and Atike is your sister. No matter you don't share the same mother, you are brothers. You must love them also because you all share the same blood." I said.