10th Chapter

" My grandchildren are growing up so fast. I feel so proud when I look at them." Handan Sultana said as she wanted to see her grandchildren in her chambers.

She took Mehmed in her hands while Gevherhan was peacefully sleeping in her crib.

" They are growing up really fast, Sultana. They are almost one year old and I feel like I gave birth to them yesterday." I said to Handan and smiled.

" Mehmed really looks alike like my lion Ahmed

" Mehmed really looks alike like my lion Ahmed. They are so similiar. Hopefully one day he will grow to be brave like his father." Handan said while she was holding Mehmed in his hands.

" That is my biggest wish, Sultana." I said and smiled to her. I had good relationship with Handan and that was all I need because I didn't want her to send another concubines to my love Ahmed.

" Do you take enough care of yourself? I want you to be fine and healthy while you are pregnant." Handans said and looked at my pregnant belly.

" Don't worry, Sultana. I do whatever is needed. A little Şehzade or Sultana will come to us really soon." I said as I touched my belly and couldn't wait for the day Mehmed and Gevherhan finally meet their brother and sister.

" We can finally live peacefully when Safiye Sultana was sent to the Old Palace. I hope she will stay there." Handan said and smiled happily. She always hated Safiye and obviously she was happy because of this.

Ahmed banished Safiye to the Old Palace because she was trying to mix in his state jobs too much.

" It is weird for me Safiye Sultana is so silent in last time, she has done nothing. She obviously has some plan which will shake the whole palace." I said to her as I was kinda afraid what Safiye might to now.

" We will see, only thing I hope is that Ahmed won't forgive her and call her back to the Palace. She tries to manipulate over him a lot." Handan said and sighed.

" Hopefully he won't, but what scares me is that I heard Kosem Hatun visits her often in Old Palace." I said to Handan on purpose what I heard from Bulbul.

" Kosem lost all attention and power she got from Ahmed because of you, and that's why she needs Safiye back here. You should take care because I believe Kosem would do something to harm you." Handan said to me.

" I will always take care of that, I won't allow her to come close to me or my children." I said to her.

At that moment, someone knocked on the doors and Handan let them in. Mahfiruze came inside with Osman in her hands. She bowed to Handan, and then measured me from head to toe.

"  Sultana, I thought you maybe would like to see your grandson Osman. As you know, he is also your grandson and he is the eldest one, he is heir to the throne. And you only visit Mehmed and Gevherhan, you never care for my Osman." Mahfiruz said and acted sadly in front of Handan who still held Mehmed in her hands.