Endings and Beginnings

Start from the beginning

I open the envelope and pull out a pink and white invitation. It reads in bold letters -

Class of '10 four year graduation party!

It lists a when, where and etc. I read the card a couple times, looking at it in intrigue.

I look back at Will, "High School reunion."

He looks at the invite, "Four years? Shouldn't it be five?"

I shake my head, "Valedictorian is touring Europe all next year, she can't do it. So it was either six year or four, and she chose four."

"That's dumb." Will mutters.

I shrug, "That's just how it is."

"She couldn't let someone else plan it?" He asks.

I consider, "If I remember correctly, she liked a lot of attention. So no. She couldn't."

He shakes his head, "That's weird. Are you going to go?"

I shrug, "Probably. It's in two months. You should come with me!"

He looks at me, "I dunno."

I smile, "Come on! You came to my Aunt and Uncles house for Thanksgiving, but you won't come to my high school reunion? I'm supposed to be able to show off what I've done with my life at this thing. Come! Let me show you off."

He grins softly at me, "Okay then."

"Yes!" I jump up and down. I give him a quick kiss, "I adore you, right now."

"You mean always?" He jokes.

I grin, "That too. Come on. Let's go eat our ice cream."

We walk across campus hand in hand, chatting and laughing as we walk. We're almost too my dorm room, when I spot him across the court yard.

Zeke.

I haven't talked to Zeke in a couple of months. I've hardly seen him on campus, and when I do he's either is busy or I am. He knows nothing about Will. He knows nothing about our relationship. He doesn't know I didn't choose him.

But I guess he does now.

He looks up and spots me. At first he looks cheerful. Until he notices there's someone holding my hand. And he realizes it's Will. His face becomes dark as he start over towards us.

Will doesn't seem to notice Zeke. He continues walking along normally at first. But as Zeke draws nearer, Will notices and he comes to a halt.
Zeke stops in front of us. He eyes Will, "Hello, Sidney."

I nod, "Zeke."

Zeke looks at Will, extending his hand, "I don't think we've met. I'm Zeke."

Will shakes his hand, "Will."

Zeke nods, "Oh, I know who you are."

Zeke looks back to me, "Could we possibly speak in private?"

Will speaks up, "We were just on our way somewhere."

Zeke scowls at Will, "I wasn't asking you."

I look at Will, "Go on. I'll meet you in a minute. This will be a short conversation."

Will looks at me hesitantly.

I nod, making sure he knows it's okay.

He sighs and squeezes my hand before he let's go, "See you soon."

"Bye." I watch him walk away.

As soon as he's out of earshot, Zeke looks at me, "So, that's your boyfriend?"

"Yeah." I say stiffly.

He scowls at me, "I thought you were thinking about it?"

"I did think about it."

"You made the wrong choice."

"I'm sorry you feel that way."

"You couldn't even bother letting me know that you were with him?" He snaps.

"I've been busy! You know that and you know why!"

Zeke shakes his head, fuming, "I don't give a CRAP about your cousin in law or whatever! It's not about THEM! You should have told me! You were around Will too! He influenced you! What you did - it wasn't right!"

I shake my head, "You think saying that you don't care about my family is going to earn you popularity points in my book? You're an IDIOT, Davies! It doesn't matter if what I did was right anymore. I'm with Will now, and i'm HAPPY. Happier than you could ever make me! Why can't you see that we aren't supposed to be together!?"

He steps closer to me, "We are supposed to be together. It's you that can't see."

I raise an eyebrow, shaking my head, "I'm sorry, Zeke. I can't see you anymore."

"Sidney-"

"I've got to go catch up with Will." I say turning around.

He grabs my arm, pulling me back, "Sidney-"

I can say, I've never been so surprised in my life by what he does next.
He pulls me towards him and roughly presses his lips to mine, closing his eyes. Mine remain wide open, and I stand in shock for a few seconds, refusing to kiss back. I push him away, furious.

He looks at me, surprised and hurt.

I scowl at him, "Stay the hell away from me, Zeke Davies!"

Then I turn around and storm back to my dorm room.

Author:

Ah, college drama.....
Sorry for the shorter chapters, but I'm still kinda laying the plot out. :-P
So, here's a question-
I'd like to have a cover contest and i'm wondering if anyone would enter?
See, I have no artist ability whatsoever (that was proven on Wednesday when some friends tried to get me to make friendship bracelets and I epically failed) , so i'd get someone to do it for me. :-) That is if I even have enough contestants.
And as a prize, you'd get to have your very lovely cover on my story and I'd give you some publicity on the story description and a few chapters I my book.
I'll have a few rules for the cover, so don't go make one right now before I let everyone know what's up with the cover thing.
Second thing-
You guys should read My Extraordinarily Unextraordinary Life, because I've actually posted some funny stuff on there.
So, yep.
OMG, GUYS, I'M SO EXCITED FOR INSURGENT TO COME OUT!!!!!
Okay, short fangirl moment over. :-)
I'll post again soon.
Ttyl!

-MK