t h r e e

Rowan

"What time is the game on?" Ty runs in, hopping onto the couch, a loud snap sounding through the living room.

Everyone pauses, turning to stare at him.

"Did you just-"

"No, it does that sometimes," Ty says, eyes sliding away from me in dismissal.

Bronson walks over to Ty, his face void of emotion, "If it's broken, you're buying a new one."

Bronson's face starts to slowly slip into a smirk only a Disney villain would be capable of and Ty shivers, "Stop doin that shit! It's creepy!"

Bronson's such an ass. That couch has been broken since we got it. The neighbor put it on their lawn with a FREE sign on it and we carried it in. It's dark green and ugly but it didn't have any stains so we didn't care.

Bronson bought this house last year with some of his inheritance money he got from his deceased grandfather. Bronson, Charlie, Vik, and me live here together. Elijah Viktor, Vik for short, keeps to himself, he's voluntarily mute. Charlie is the mom, does most of the cooking and the team calls him first if they ever get in trouble. Liam Bronson is the jokester, and his acting skill is pretty fucking impressive it's almost impossible to tell if he's serious.

Bronson wanted roommates to help with bills and mortgage so he could focus on football and keeping up his grades. All of us moved in for the same reasons. Well. Except for me. I'm not on the team but Charlie vouched for me with Bronson.

Bronson was really picky with who could live here because he's a pretty clean guy. And believe me when I say most of the guys on the team are so careless with their living spaces and hygiene. It's sad.

Ty doesn't live here though. He has a place with his twin brother far from campus.

I place the fourth bag of chips on the coffee table, smacking Ty's hand away when he reaches for it. We wait to eat until the start of the game or else everything ends up gone before it even begins. It's a house rule.

Today's Sunday so some of the team came over to watch the game.A couple guys brought their girlfriends but that's all, we try to keep these pretty low key so we can focus on the TV. Upstairs is off limits obviously. I keep my door locked just in case. I'm happy I even remembered to.

It's been a week since the party and I'm still messed up over it.

I'll see Olivia around campus and I just stand silent in the back as she talks to the guys I'm with. She's so likable that my friends that have classes with her have gotten to know her a bit. Within the boundaries Lucas has set of course. He always cuts off conversations early, dragging her away for some obscure reason. We hate how he treats her, we do, it's just that she's made it very clear that any advice or comments about their relationship is unwanted. Most assume they've agreed to an open relationship. Maybe they have. I wouldn't know.

The doorbell rings and Charlie dashes from the kitchen, "I'll get it!"

The front door pops open, voices exchanging in greeting. Another guy and his girl to watch the game probably. Bronson bumps into me, his eyes on the food in my hands that Charlie made. I tilt an eyebrow, "What? You want some? You're drooling."