o n e

Rowan

     The music reverberates through my body, making every hair stand on end. I don't know why I still come to these stupid ass frat parties. I hate drinking so I always end up stuck as the DD.

I lean my back against the wall, tilting my glass, emptying it into the fake plant next to me. Besides this one plant, the whole place looks like it was decorated by a child obsessed with garage sale shit. Bet one of the guys put this here to appease some girl they were trying to impress.

Moving my eyes back to the center of the room I catch a popular jersey chaser making her way over to me. I hate the term trust me but they even call themselves that. Like it's an honor.

I shove my hands in my pockets and shake my head dismissively. She stops. I scan the room, catching Ty Johnson alone in the corner of the room. Lucky me. I look back to the girl and nod my head to Ty. She follows my line of sight, a grateful smile spreading across her face. She sends me a wink and saunters on over to him.

I'm flattered, really. I always am but I just can't do it. I've tried but...ever since I met her. It's pointless.

"Rowan!" A voice yells over the obnoxious thumping of the speakers placed around the house.

"Hey Charlie," I smirk, nodding a greeting as he settles against the wall beside me.

Charlie Gower has been my best friend for as long as I can remember. We met in summer school in second grade and have been attached at the hip ever since.

"I saw you turn down Gwen," He observes, us both looking towards Ty just as he shoves his tongue down her throat.

"Oh god, that's graphic," I wince, tearing my eyes away.

"That could've been you," Charlie laughs, elbowing my arm.

"Hopefully not. I like to think I have more class than that," I puff out my chest, smiling in the dramatically smug way I do to piss Charlie off.

Charlie scoffs, moving away from the wall and towards the kitchen, "Stop acting like you're hot shit Vitali or one day I'll hire someone to rip your dick off."

As he turns into the kitchen I yell, "Your kinks are getting more twisted by the day man!"

I laugh to myself silently, knowing I'll get an earful from him later. He doesn't understand why I've been abstaining from sex or women in general for the past two years. And I don't plan on telling him.

From the side of my eye I see a familiar head of blonde hair make it's way across the room. Turning to look fully I confirm my suspicions when Lucas' face shifts in my direction slightly.

Lucas breaks free from the crowd, his hand pulling a woman that is not his girlfriend. She giggles at something he says, eagerly trailing behind him like a puppy as he drags her upstairs.

The fucking asshole. He claims that as long as he doesn't have sex with them it isn't cheating. So oral and anything other than vaginal penetration is on the table.

Olivia deserves better. She's in denial that what people have told her is true. Or maybe she believes when he realizes he loves her he'll dedicate himself. A childish fantasy. Lucas Sawyer is a narcissistic, playboy, football player that wants to take advantage of his popularity but at the same time, have the one girl everyone on campus wants. A twisted form of possessiveness.