chapter 1: family issues

I wake up with cold water splashed on my face. I whip my head up, coughing up the water that went through my throat and nose. I wipe the water from my eyes and look up.

"WHAT THE H-"

His eyes buldge and slap me across the face, my face now facing the floor.

"YOU DO NOT CURSE TO YOUR FATHER!"

"fuck," I say under my breath, holding my face from the tinkly pain.

I guess I was in such a deep sleep that I forgot that I lived with my dad, especially the part that he's abusive towards me.

"Get up and go to school, immediately," he says pulling my arm to get me up.

I struggle getting up from his grip but he just holds on tighter. He pushes me to the ground and throws me my uniform. He then leaves the room slamming my door. I get up and stick my middle finger up at the door.

"bitch," I whisper.

I get my uniform and start slipping on my stocking that cover the brusies my dad made. It's summer and with the constant amount of people asking why I still wear them in the summer, my answer is the same: "They just look cute on me I guess". When I look towards my vanity that's when I see her, my mom.

"I told you to be careful, do not to curse at your father," she says.

"Yeah, well I guess I was more focused on my dream that I forgot my dad lives with me and hits me," I snap as I put on makeup to hide the bruises on my face. She tiltes her head, her eyebrows furrowed together, and her eyes looking deep into me.

I sigh. "I know that look. Mom, I'll be fine and I promise not to curse at him. I just couldn't help it."

"I know you'll do well," she says smiling, before she disappears when I take my pills.

I walk downstairs with my backpack in my hand and grab a bowl of rice. (As a girl that lives in Korea it's a tradition that we eat rice in the morning with side dishes.) I take out the kimchi from the refrigerator and sat down at the table, where my dad is glaring at every move I take. I started to eat my food but then my dad starts talking.

"Where's the money you earned from work?"

"I don't have it with me."

"I know you have the check in your backpack, give it to me,"

I continue to ignore him. I stuff another spoon full of rice in my mouth until he gets up from his seat and slaps me across the face again. I fall on the floor with my knees on the floor, again. I grunt in pain. He takes my backpack and goes through it until he finds a white envelope. He opens it up and finds a paycheck of $1,200. He snickers and laughs as he puts it in his back pocket.

I sigh as I watch the money I saved up for months fly away. My dad looks down at me and kicks me straight in the stomach. I lurch forward in pain.

Great timing to have my period.

I slowly get up as I pick up my backpack and then clean the table. I put the kimchi back in the fridge and my rice bowl in the sink. I start to go towards the front entrance to ride my bike to school until something hits my head hard. I yell in pain and rub my head, thinking that would help my pain go away. I turn around and see the rice bowl I put in the sink on the floor, broken. I look back up at my dad and see him growling in anger.

"WASH THE FUCKING DISHES WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH YOUR FOOD!"

"I'M ALREADY FUCKING LATE!" I yell, but I knew I fucked up when I raised my voice and cursed.

Shit.

He's running towards at a face pace and I run out the door. I quickly grabbed my bike and pedaled as fast as I could. I turn around and see my dad giving up but still yelling at me.

I stick my tongue out when I turn the corner of my neighborhood. I sigh in relief and touch my head again. I feel something wet. I stop pedaling and look back at my hand. Blood. "Fuck. Fuck. Fuck."

I grab tissues out of my bag and put them on the back of my head. I hold it there but continue riding my bike with one hand holding on.

3 more fucking days until the BTS concert. Let's get them over with.

And for the rest of the ride I'm thinking about the BTS concert while holding the tissues on the back of my head.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

First chapter y'all, you just wasted your time :) woohoo! Who knows if people will actually read this but as long as the people that read it love it. Thanks again! Please give me feedback on how it was! <3