Chapter XXXVII: His Own Family and The Reunion

In a room, bookshelves are filled with heavy books containing magic. One the floor, books and papers are strewn about. A man could be sitting on his desk, writing a report. A bottle of whiskey and a drinking glass was present on the right corner of his desk. Every half an hour the man would take a drink out of the glass, as the liquor go down his throat, burning and make his insides warm.

While writing he heard the sound of two children playing outside and coming closer to his study. Hearing a knock at the door he gets up to unlock the door. There on the other side of the door is his twin son and daughter.

???:"Papa!" The both of them screamed at him.

"Yes? What is it Yuki, Ester?"

Yuki:"Tickle monster!"

Ester:"Hide us!"

Without a moment of hesitation he hid them both behind him, down the hallway he could see the familiar figure of his own sister.

???:"Have you seen my lunch brother!" She said in a playful low tone.

"Alice that voice is ugly, doesn't suit you at all but for Yuki and Ester I think they went that way." As he pointed down the hallways.

Alice:"Ugly like you but gotta go find my lunch for the day!" As she walks down that hallways.

He knows that she knows her nephew and niece is behind him but she decided to instead entertain them.

"The monster is gone you should go hide somewhere else to she doesn't catch up to the plan!"

They all nod and just rushed out of the study to go hide somewhere else,he decided to take a break from his work and see his wife. He went downstairs to the kitchen to see his wife baking treats for them all, he sneak up behind her and lay his chin on her shoulder before wrapping his arms around her.

???:"Hey handsome, how was work?"

"A lot and stressful like usual." He sighs deeply.

???:"Well then tonight why not we release some of those pent up stress?"

"I would like that Akeno." As he softly bit his wife's neck, earning a stifled moan from her.

Akeno:"Now now handsome, I'm asking something."

"Fine.."

Akeno:"Take a break and eat. Dain will be home from school in a few minutes."

"Yeah, might as well. Should I go pick him."

Akeno:"If you want, you could surprise him and also take Millicas home as well."

"Alright, I'll be back later." As detached himself from his wife.

As he was about leave his wife grabbed his arm and quickly planted a kiss on his cheek in to which, he responded by pulling her closer and kissing her passionately before letting go. He then goes to grab his car keys and hop into the car. He inserted the keys and turned it, the car roared to life as he began to drive to Naferra, Academy of Magic. Many people from other clans would send their kids here, as well as some students who don't have enough money for themselves are on a scholarship under Videric's name, that is only of they show talent, skill or most important of all a hardworking demeanor.

A little while later he arrived at the academy, a lot of people noticed him as he got out of his car to wait for his nephew and Millicas. Some went up to him in a chance to get a one on one meeting with Lord Mammon, Videric just ignored them as he heard the last bell ringing loud. It brought him the memory of him going to school, just then the thought of Yumeko crossed his mind, if he were to meet Yumeko once again he would love to make her his second wife, not going back on his word of treating them both equally.