Chapter XXII: Surprising News

Videric was awoken by his alarm beeping, like usual he pressed the dismiss button. He noticed a message from Yumeko, he opened the message while still in bed. He squinted his eyes as the light from his phone almost blinded him and his eyes slowly adjusted to the light.

Yumeko:"Today was so much fun! Shall we gamble each other again?!"

The message was from yesterday at 8:38PM, he didn't realize she had send him a message.

Videric:"When the time is right we will gamble until we lose our mind but, as for now. It's a no for me."

He then switched off his phone since it's too early for her to wake up. A sudden knock came at his bedroom door which almost made him jump.

"Who is it?"

Valamir:"It's me young master."

"Is there something you need? It's still quite early in the morning."

Valamir:"Have you forgotten? Today is the day of late master.." his voice trailed off.

"Ah, it's today. Forgive me Valamir. My memory had been quite hazy these past few weeks"

Valamir:"It's fine. We will wait for you downstairs, young master."

He listen to Valamir's footsteps disappeared is when he sighs heavily, how could he forgot a day like this? It was the anniversary of his father's death. Every year the servants and people who were close to him is the only one who goes to his grave to pay their respect.

He is not the one to always dwell on his personal feelings rather he would focus all his attention on work and training to take his mind off. He gets up from the bed and entered the bathroom, removing every article if his clothing and stepped inside the shower, turning the water on as it rain down on him.

He took his time in the shower as he exited the bathroom, hair a mess and a towel wrapped around his lower waist. He goes over to his closet and took out his black suit. He make sure the bedroom is locked before he removed the towel to get ready.

He decided not to wear a tie and exited the bathroom, he walked downstairs to see that everyone was ready. Sirzechs, Grayfia and Ajuka was there, dressed in black. He gave them a smile, appreciating that they have come to pay their respect to him.

Sirzechs:"You okay buddy?"

"Buddy? What are you 50?"

Sirzechs:"Oh shut up." As he ruffles his hair gently.

Ajuka:"Shall we go?"

"Let's not waste our time anymore. I do not wish to keep him waiting for us. You know how much he hates waiting."

Videric was the one to lead all of them to the gravesite. As they entered the gravesite, Videric immediately saw someone by his father's grave. It seems Sirzechs noticed the person too.

Sirzechs:"Who is that?"

"I don't know. How did they even know this place?"

Videric didn't wanna suspect anything so he walked up to the person cautiously, it seem that the person is paying their respect or rather..

"Who goes there? Who are you?"

The person tried to run but Videric tackled them to the ground, he was shocked at what he saw prompting him to let go as the person quickly disappeared. What he saw made his eyes widened, surprised.

Underneath him was a women with straight long black hair, her eyes were green almost like an emerald, a mole was clearly present underneath her right eye. Her skin was fare and her aura was all to familiar to him. Everyone rushed to him to see if he was fine.