~Morning of the Games~

Cami Pendleton - District One

I wake up with a pit in my stomach. I take a few deep breaths and tell myself to calm down and that it will be okay. I'll find my alliance and we'll do great.

I force myself out of bed and hop in the shower. I scrub myself clean and wash my hair. I put my hair in two braids, but it looks better when Coco does it. I get dressed and take some more deep breaths. I walk down to eat. Marsh and Calvin are already there, eating in silence. I sit down across from them with a plate of food. More silence. It helps when Liam and Bree join us.

"Morning," they both say. "Morning," Calvin, Marsh, and I say back. "You guys ready for the Games?" Questions Liam. "Be honest," adds Bree. "I'm ready," Marsh, Calvin, and I say together. I don't know about Marsh and Calvin, but I'm half ready and half not. So I'm half lying. But it helps to know that I have an alliance.

"You guys are all in alliances, right?" Bree asks. We all nod. "I'm with Holly, Sky, Jacklyn, Cove, and North," I say. "I'm with Jordan," Calvin says. "I'm with Dove," says Marsh. Liam and Bree nod.

"What are your strategies? Are you going to run to the Cornucopia or not?" Wonders Liam. "I'm going to try to run," both Calvin and Marsh say. Liam looks at me. "Um, I don't know. It depends," I say. Liam looks annoyed. "What?? I don't know yet!" I exclaim. "This is why we ask you if you're ready or not! Because you're clearly not! You don't even know what your first move is. Do you want to die?!" Liam shouts. "No!! Why would I want to die?!" I shout back. "Okay, so what is your plan?" Liam repeats, calmly this time. "I told you, I don't know yet," I say. "Well get knowing. Otherwise you're going to die. And I can't help you there," Liam says. I throw my plate and fork down and angrily storm to my room.

Even though I hate admitting it, Liam's right. I don't want to die. So I come up with a plan. If I see a lot of people at or running to the Cornucopia, then I'll try and get something close to me. I'll look around for someone in my alliance. If there's not much people at the Cornucopia, then I'll try and run. One of my strengths is how fast I am. If that's not a good plan, then sorry Liam. That's the best I've got.

Aviana knocks on my door in a while, telling me it's time to head down to the Launch Center. We say goodbye to Liam and Bree. On the hovercraft, we get our tracker implanted into our arm. I begin to get super nervous. Breathe Cami breathe, I tell myself as we get lead to a room each.

Our stylists are waiting there for us. My stylist is named Liliana. She embraces me in a big hug. I get changed into the tribute clothes when I have a minute left. I turn to Liliana nervously. She squeezes my hand. "You can do this Cami. I'm betting on you. You're so strong and you may be young but you can still do it. I'm rooting for you," she says. I hug her tightly and then walk into my tribute tube.

I take more deep breaths as I'm lifted. I open my eyes and we're in the arena.