16.

You eventually woke up to the beeping of the heart monitor. You had a whole bunch of tubes in your body. You looked to the side and saw Loki reading a book. You smiled a bit.

"Hey" you said weakly.

"Finally you're awake." he said. He then told FRIDAY to tell Tony and Bruce that you were awake.

You tried to get up to walk but you groaned in pain. "You need to sit down, love." Loki said.

"Wait- what?" you said confused.

"What?" he asked.

"What did you say?" you asked.

"You need to sit down?" he said, confused.

"No no after that"

"I didn't say anything." You were so confused.

You could've sworn he said love but you couldn't think about it anymore because Tony and Bruce came in.

"Wow look who's awake." Tony said as he walked in.

"ha ha, very funny." you said sarcastically.

"Okay y/n I need to check your wound so can you roll to the side for me." Bruce said.

You nodded then turned toward Loki.

"Wait Tony look at this?" Bruce said.

"There's nothing there." Tony said.

"Exactly." Bruce said.

"What the hell?" Tony asked.

"y/n do you have any healing powers that we should know about?" Bruce asked.

"No, why?" you asked.

"Because your wound is gone." he said. You looked at Loki's face and he was smiling.

"Loki what did you do?" you asked as you went back into your regular position.

"I may or may not have healed you with my powers." he said.

"Oh shit. I forgot reindeer games had healing powers." Tony said. You laughed at the fact that Tony called him reindeer games.

"Well it looks like it was healed pretty recently. Can you try and stand y/n?" Bruce asked.

"I can try." you said as you tried to stand. You held onto Loki for support.

"Okay now try to walk." he said.

You took small steps but your side started to hurt because the wound had been healed pretty recently, but you continued.

"Well y/n, Thanks to Loki you're going to be okay." Bruce said as he and Tony walked out the room.

You walked out too. You wanted to go to your room and just relax there for a bit, but you soon realized once you reached the inside of your room that someone was following you.

"Why are you following me Loki?" you asked.

"How did you know I was following you?" he said as he sat down on your bed.

"Because I know things." you replied back.

"Oh also, Thank you for healing me. I really appreciate it." you said as you sat down next to him.

"You're welcome." he said.

"Loki, why did you call me love back in the lab?" you asked.

"I called you love because you are my love. I've fallen in love with you ever since we played that game in that little room. I just didn't know how to tell you." he said.

You knew it. You knew he called you love and he tried to make it look like you were crazy. That bitch.

"Loki." you sighed. "You could've just told me like you're telling me now. I love you too, you know?" you said.

"I'm just scared." he said.

"Loki, the god of mischief, prince of Asgard is scared? Huh, what a surprise. " you teased.

"I'm serious y/n. I'm scared you'll be afraid of me once I show you my true form." he said.

"Loki, I'm not scared of you or any forms that you may turn into. How about you show me the form and I'll show you that I'm not afraid." you said.

He nodded. As you looked at him his skin turned blue and his eyes turned red. You were shocked.

"See, I knew you would be afraid." he said.

"No." you said sternly. "I'm not afraid. I'm happy. I'm happy that you showed me your true form. I bet you haven't shown the rest of the team." you said.

As his skin turned back to his normal color you gave him a hug. You could tell he hadn't had one of those for a long time. As you were hugging him he stroked your hair. You felt safe in his arms, and he felt safe in yours. He then asked you if you wanted him to read you a book. You obviously said yes, so he read you a book as you too laid in your bed before you both drifted off and went to bed in each other's arms.