Chapter 19 I'm sorry for not believing you

Soomi's POV

Taehyung's smile fade slowly as he looks at me. He must have realized that I wasn't smiling.

"What's wrong ?" He ask walking toward me "Hey, it's okay. I don't mind if you took 3 hours to come back" he said wrapping his arm on my shoulder, trying to comfort me but truth if, I should be the one comforting him...

"It's not that" I said shaking my head and gently pulling him back

"What's the problem then ?" he ask frowning

"I talked with He Ran..." I said and his look changed

"When ?!"

"Just few minutes ago" I said looking down

"I don't know what she told you but I swear she's not my girlfriend !"

"I know. She told me you weren't dating"

"What did she told you ?" he ask confused

"Let's talk about it later will you ? Go change and we'll talk. After all, you wanted to talk to me since yesterday" I said showing him the bag of clothes I bought for him.

He nod and takes the bag from my hand then he went to the bathroom.

While he was taking a shower, I prepared breakfast for both of us.

I finished at the same time than he came in the kitchen.

"Here" I said putting a plate in front of him, sitting around the table and I sit in front of him with my plate. "So what do you want to talk about ?" I ask as I took a mouthful

"Can I ask you what she told you first ?"

"For short, she just told me that you dated, then your parents discovered it and asked you to break up but you refused. She also said that your brother defend you and your parents send him away, and that she left few days later"

"Yeah, it's basically that" he said making circle on his plate, he then looks at me. "I've never wanted to date someone but somehow, she managed to catch my attention, not on purpose though. She was bullied by the other student because she wasn't rich like us. I wasn't the one leading them. Trust me. I've never cared about money. When I saw her being bullied right in front of me, I don't know why but I defended her. Maybe it was because I wanted to do something in my life, on my own and not thanks to my parents, but I felt the need to protect someone. As I kept defending her, we got closer until I told her about my feeling and started dating."

"We were happy until one day, my mom visited my dad at the college. She saw us holding hands in the hallway and that night, she ordered me to break up with He Ran. You remember when I told you that 2 years ago I had a big fight with my parents ?" he ask me and I nod. "My parents kept ordering me to do it and I kept refusing. That's when the fight started. I didn't told He Ran because she would worry too much for nothing. Although, I couldn't kept it from her too long since my mom told her. I was happy when I heard that she stood up against my mom and refused to break up with me, that shows how much she loved me. I even had the idea of running away with her. I had planned everything. How we would escape and how we would survive. You remember that yacht on our first date ?" he ask me

"Yeah. Your yacht. You said it had been a long time since you last time saw it"

"Yeah. We were planning to leave the country thanks to that. However, as we were about to climb on, the police suddenly arrested us, order from my parents. I didn't even know my parents were that powerful to be able to control the police... Anyway, my parents searched me at the police station and rode me home without letting me look at He Ran. I didn't even know if she was free. When we arrived home, my brother wasn't there and my parents grounded me. They took the keys of my car and yacht, as well as my credit card, cash, everything that could help me to leave the country. They even forbid me to go out."