Chapter 51.

Caroline is going around the house with a my father's shirt.

It's time to act.

"Do you need a help?" I smile at her back. She turns around very embarassed, and she smiles.

"Hi Hope! What are you doing here?" She asks.

"I would like to ask you the same" I say.   "This is... My home!" I underline,  but soon I remember my father, and I end the phrase:"But I don't live alone there, as you would know... So, if you need something... You just have to tell me!" I smile, and she does the same very surprised.

"I don't need anything darling, but thank you so much... You... Don't have idea about what this means to me"  

"I just want to see happy people I care" I say before leaving her alone.

I go in my room, and I start painting.

Landon... 

I take my phone and I call him.

"Hi" He replies.

"Hi... Do I disturb?"

"No... Are you okay?" 

"Yes... I just wanted to see you..."

"Oh...Alright. I finish to study and we can find ourselves at Mystic Grill, it is right to you, is it?" He asks.

"Yes... Thanks, Landon"

"For what?"  

"For everything" I finish the call, then I text him.

<<Send me a message when you finish. XO

I hear a noise, and I go to see in the living room.

"Mom..." 

She isn't there.

"Who's there?" I ask looking around myself. I smell blood. 

Someone is in the kitchen.

"Who the hell are you?" I ask before enter in the room, and Caroline gets hurt.

"AH!" She exclaims.

"Is everything alright?" I run. "What the hell are you doing here?" 

"Yes, I'm fine. Don't you worry...."

"You told me you were fine, you didn't need anything" I remember.

"I was... Just taking some water! I don't need help to take a glass!" She laugs.

"I see it!" I jocke, than I see a red stain on her neck. "Are you sure you're right? You've got..." She covers fast herself, and she doesn't let me finsh: "Like I saied, I'm fine. Thank you Hope"

She's nervous.

"Okay... So... I go. Don't destroy my house, please" I smile before going away.

I remain out of the room to see if someone comes, but nobody is there.

I'm going out of there, when I notice my dad's necklace at the ground.

I take it.

Okay, I defintely have to go out of there.

I return in my room, when my mom enters.

"Hope... Are you okay?"

"Yes... Sure" I smile, and she gets closer. 

"You're not"

"I... I don't hate Caroline, I hate dad cares about her. Because she can manipulate him, and he's in love with her. He's not stupid, but love... Can bring people do mistakes" I admit. She sits on my bed. 

"I'm in love with uncle Elijah, but are you afraid of our relationship?" She tries to make me reason.

"Uncle Elijah would always protect you... Only one time he didn't, but he regretted that 'till his death and now you've got a second choice, I'm sure he'll think twice before do another time a similiar thing"

"I know. But this is different. We had, and we still have another type of relationship.

Uncle Elijah is very different from your father, Hope. This doesn't means Caroline would not protect your father, if something would happens"

"How do you know that? Only family protect each other. She is not a member of us" I contiune, irremovible.

"Why? Just because her surname's not Mikaelson?" She asks.

"Yes. Because she has not our values.

Her mother died, her father tried to kill her, afraid of what she is. She has no brothers, or sisters and her husband died.  She lost her family. How do we can think she can understand us?"

"Waiting time, Hope. Nobody's perfect" She says. "You don't know how much me and your father fighted when you were neither a baby. I was not a member of this family, but they protected us just when they knew I had you in me. 

Your aunt could have ask the same, you know? I wasn't a Mikaelson, what they could care about another girl?" She gets closer. "But they didn't. They opened their old house, and they fought for us, just like we fought for them time after" She hugs me, and she leaves a kiss on my hair. "Don't judge someone too fast, love. You don't know her, like she doesn't know you. Everyone has something good who could show to the other"

I look in her eyes.

"I know you're right, but... It's not easy. Dad is strong, just like everyone of us, but... Exactely just like everyone of ou, he's so sensitive... I don't want him to hurted"

"You won't" Mom tries to rassure me.

"How can you promise me this?" I ask.

"I'm not promising you anything, baby, I' m just saying your father never show his emotions, or at least, with you he will always be smiling, you know... "

"This means I have to worry double"

"No, it means that everyone is free to do its own life, Hope. And it's okay care about someone or something, but you can't control another life in add of yours. You're only eighteen! And we are your parents, it would be us which should be worried about you!" She laughs. "And we are, but we allow you to live your life in the way you prefer.

You don't knoe Caroline, so... Why don't try to?" 

"I did, but I feel like... If something block me"

"Restart. And don't let anything, for any reason, take control of you. Keep your brain on before your fears. It's it what command, not them"  

"What about other emotions?" I say.

"Let them go. But fear..."

"Let it go" 

"Exactely. Listen to it, talk with it, then let it go" 

"Thanks mom" I hug her.

"Don't... I'm always there for you, you know"

Also she leaves me alone, and I decide to talk with my father.