Chapter 40. Fight for what you care about

I exit from home. I've already text to Marcel that I needed to meet him at Rousseau's, and I know he red that.

When I come, in fact, he's waiting for me.

"Hi" I come.

"Hope... I heard noises before, what happened?"

I tell him everything.

"But that's not why I wanted to see you, Marcel..." I say. 

"So, tell me! What could happens anymore?"

I smile.

"It's about my aunt..." 

"Is she okay?" He's worried.

"So... You care about her" I say looking in his eyes.

"Of course I care, Hope! She's..." He stops. "It doesn't metter now. How Rebekah is?"

"Fine. She's fine, you can rest assured" I smile. "But... I was thinking... When you care about something, you are afraid to lose him, or her, so you do anything. You don't give up..." 

"She gave up escaping with your father and your uncle. You Mikaelson do anything to your family... Also turn back to people who really cares about you" He says. I feel anger, lonliness, disapointment and fear in his words.

"Also you are one of us" I say.

"No...I am Marcel Gerard" He says stubborn.

"And with so?" I ask. "Do you really intend to leave all you ever loved for a name?! In add, to me you're my brother. Not by blood, but you are. You are a brother, and a friend. Call you uncle wouldn't be so bad!" I jocke, and he smiles.

"Darling, before this your aunt would understand what she wants..." He whispers.

"Why don't you ask her directly?" I provocate him. "But don't be so directly also with my dad" We laugh.

"He never wanted us to stay together..."

"Passion can't be controlled" I say. "You can try... But the only thing you will get will be only the time wasted. We are immortals, but why don't live as we want anyway?" I laugh. 

"When did you become so wise?" Laughs him too.

"I don't know!" "But that makes me understand that you agree with me..." I try.

"Yes! How would it possible do not agree with all you saied?" Smiles him spreading his arms.

We look each other  in silence for a while, then he becomes serious and he asks me:"What should I do?" 

"Go to her. Explains her all that you feel, even if would be my father there, even if the world would falls down... Talk to her! Express your emotions! It's okay to do that"

He remains in silence.

"What?" I ask.

"You..." He smiles. "You really reminds me of someone... We all used to know" He smiles.

"Who?" I ask.

"A very good girl... Her name was Camille, maybe you've heard about her"

I try to remember.

"I... I'm sorry, but I..." 

"It doesn't metter" He smiles. "I mean, it's okay. You were a little baby, you were two I think... Maybe also less" 

Okay.

"So... What are you going to do?" I change the subject of the conversation.

He breathes.

"I'm going to Mikaelson's home, where you were before, and I'm going to ask for Rebekah. We'll talk, but I don't assure you anything" 

I smile.

"I'm happy also in this way. Now go!" I smile.

"Hey, not so fast... Where's your lover?"

"At school" I say.

"And... How is he?" Aske him.

"He's fine... If he isn't in a bad situation" 

"I'd really like to know him!" He smiles, and so I do.  

"We're going to do a dinner next week. If you want to come..."

"Sure! And thanks"  Smiles.

"Now..." I remind him, and he goes.

I can say to be very satisfied about me...