"Mom! Did they take our siblings out of you?" Lucy asked as Draven helped them sit on the bed.

"Yeah, look," I said, leaning down to show them their brother. "He's too small, we can't play with him," Zia said, pouting.

"But he will grow, then you can play with him," I said and they smiled happily, cheering.

"You know," Draven said, snuggling up to me so that only I could hear him as the children looked at their sibling in my arms.

"I like that version. But how about we do a different version? Maybe one that looks like you."

"I just gave birth!" I gasped. "And?" he asked, not getting it. "We can talk about it later," I sighed, too tired to argue about it.

"At least it's not a no," he mumbled, grinning and hugging me. "Mommy? What's his name?" Zia asked.

"Leonid." I smiled.

"Welcome to family, Leonid," Lucy kissed his cheek. And I smiled as I looked around me.

I had healthy children. I had a husband who loved me. I finally had a family I could call my own.

ONE YEAR LATER

I sat in the backyard and in my dressing gown. I looked at Leonid in my arms, whom I was breastfeeding.

With each day, he really looked more like the man I was in love with. Smiling at him, I pulled my shirt back after he let go of my chest.

"Did you have enough? Are you not hungry anymore?" I asked with a smile and he smiled back.

My smile widened and I pulled him closer to kiss him. His two-toothed smile was the cutest thing I've ever seen.

"We are here," I heard Draven say as he and the girls came up to me. We decided to eat outside today, in the backyard, as the weather was great.

"Finally! The table is already set!" I said with a smile and we walked to the wooden table before we all sat down.

"Give him to me, and eat something," he muttered and took Leonid out of my arms. "I was doing fine," I said as I gave him to him.

"I saw how you struggled with eating with him in your arms," ​​he said, now holding Leonid in his arms. He looked so tiny in his arms.

"If you didn't get him used to holding him, we could put him in a child seat," I said, rolling my eyes.

Every time we put him in a child seat, he would cry because he had gotten Leonid used to being carried around.

"I don't see anything wrong with holding him," he said, kissing his cheek as Leonid chewed on his hand and looked around curiously.

"If you say so," I said, too tired to argue since Leonid had cried all night and it was my turn to take care of him at night.

"Dad, can you give me the salami?" Zia asked Draven, since it was next to Draven and a bit far from Zia. "Sure, darling," he said, handing her the plate, "give your sister some too."

"Thank you," she handed the plate back to him. "You're welcome, my love," he said, taking the plate back to put it in its place.

I smiled at their relationship. Over time, they build a really great relationship with each other. I loved their relationship. I loved the way she called him dad. I loved the way Lucy called me mom.

I loved calling them family. I loved my husband I loved my children. I loved the peace we had, even if he made his petty attacks at times, but to no avail. The US belonged to Draven and he had no power here.