Chapter 29

Previous chapter:
... was Draven a man Raphael could really trust enough to trust him with my daughter?

Calina's pov

We drove to the hospital. My thoughts went to my daughter. I didn't like leaving her in someone else's care. What if he hurts her? What if he was a child pedophile?

I looked at Raphael from the corner of my eye. How could he entrust his daughter to a stranger so easily? Was Draven really a man he could trust? I sighed frustrated.

"What is bothering you?" he asked, looking from his phone to me. "Can we really trust this Draven enough to leave our daughter with him?" I told him my worry.

"Yes," he answered my question briefly. "Why? Why can we trust him? How well do you know him to trust him my daughter?" I asked him and I wouldn't peg away, I needed to know if she was really safe with him as the fact that we left my daughter with a man I barely knew made me distressed.

"He wouldn't harm our daughter," he claimed, emphasizing the word 'our'.

"He has a ... a soft heart when it comes to children. He wouldn't harm her in any way, I can promise you that."

"I still don't like the idea of leaving her with someone dangerous. We should take her with us," I muttered, which made him chuckle.

"And then? Take her to your doctor's appointment and let her hear that her mother is sick and dying?" he asked me with a touch of sarcasm. "We could do that if you want to traumatize her."

"I don't have to, you'll traumatize her with your anger issues anyway," I huffed.

He scratched his chin, looking at me in annoyance before saying, "If you don't want to see me angry, then don't make me angry, that's it!"

"Do you feel powerful?" I asked him curiously, looking out of the window.

"What? Look at me if you talk to me," he demanded, grabbing my face, making me look at him. "What do you mean?"

"I mean, do love to have control over us?" I asked him disgusted. "While controlling my daughter by using her innocent love for you, and me by using my daughter against me ... does it feel great? The power?"

"And what about you? Do you love pain that you get on my nerves every second to bring out the worst in me? Huh?" he answered my question with a contra question. "If you want attention, just ask love."

"We both know who the attention-seeking whore between us is," I told him dryly. I frowned as he grinned at me, confusing me. Then, I groaned in pain as he pressed my head against the window.

"I think you really have the wrong picture of me, amore. I'm not the whore here. But you are, you're mine, my whore, here for me to fuck and satisfy myself as I desire," he claimed, pushing my head more into the window.

"I give you protection and you give me yourself! It's a payback business like a whore would do."

"Sir, we arrived," the driver said before I could tell him to go and fuck himself. "Get out!" he said angrily before stopping to crash my head against the window.

Then, he opened his door before sighing, pulling me out of the car, as I was putting my hair back to its place after it got messy from what he did, and heading to the hospital.

"As we're already here, you want to be checked in for mental health care?" I asked him as we were walking to the front desk. "One more word from you and I'll leave you here before I take Zia with me to the UK," he threatened me, which made me shut up and look at him with hatred.