19| Problems and Plans

Start from the beginning

I felt an intense gaze on my face, but I couldn't see anyone when I looked around.

Love, the right person, the perfect husband, soul mate, this all look ridiculously good in books and novels but not in reality, because these things just don't exist. This is the bitter truth of reality and I have had enough bitterness for a lifetime.

Sitting on one of the chairs beside my two best friends; I, Arabella Oliver Brown, decide to not care about men or boys anymore. My sore focus will be fixed on my future, that's it.

I don't need men, I don't need a king to make me a queen when I am the one ruling the kingdom.

Someone loudly clears their throat in front of me drawing my attention to them. When I turn around I meet the man wearing a brown suit, Jacob.

''Ms. Brown, can I get a second?'' He asked looking at me with a perplexed expression.

I nodded. I knew why he needed me.

''Sure'' I nodded and rose from my seat. Jen and Maver stared at me with questioning eyes, I just shrugged as if I didn't know why he needed me and walked away with Jacob. 

We stood in a secluded place where fewer guests and more waiters were walking around with trays of glasses and plates.

''What's going on?'' He shrieked in terror keeping his voice low and glancing around to see if anyone was hearing us,

''I don't know'' I sighed rubbing my forehead.

''You told me everything was fine when I called you yesterday'' he furrowed his eyebrows.

''I did'' I nodded, ''that's because it was, I didn't know the dance team would ditch us at the last moment'' I looked away ashamed.

''Now, what do we do? The CEO and all the guests are here'' He groaned rubbing his forehead. I looked at him with dejected eyes,

This was all my fault, I shouldn't have brought up a plan which would have had its drawbacks.

''Jacob'' I softly called him, he raised his eyes to meet mine. His eyes were tensed while his posture was stiff with stress.

''I have a plan'' I told him holding determination in my eyes, his posture relaxed and his pearls shone.

''You do?'' He asked sounding hopeful, I nodded.

I didn't.

Please don't ask what it is.

''What is it?''

Fudge.

What do I say?

''Why don't you leave it to us, Jacob ''A new voice appeared behind me, I froze.

When I turned around I felt like banging my head on one of the walls, standing there with his hands crossed over his chest and leaning on one of the doors, was my dear best friend Maver.

What did I say to you about him being a smart and intelligent man?

I inwardly groaned and turned around with a tight-lipped smile to face Jacob.

''Yeah, we will handle this. Please go and enjoy the event'' I softly told him.

''I knew you would find a solution Ms. Brown'' he replied with his eyes shining with pride, which instantly made my chest heave.

What will I do?

''We will handle this'' Mave said standing beside me. Jacob hesitantly nodded and walked off. I kept staring at his retreating figure until there was nothing left to see.