59th Page: As Time Shifts

Start from the beginning

"Enough games." Kazeda muttered gravely, a hazy cyan Grimoire bearing a distinct symbol hidden beneath the haze rising in front of him, mana gathering towards him as (Y/N) grimaced, landing on his feet after being caught by Fay and Jayden, the three having slid back a small distance.

"[Severance Magic: Severed Enclosure.]" Kazeda's sword glinted, and before the Magic Knights and Darknight Mercenary could even do anything, a blinding light consumed them from all sides.

It all happened in an instant. One moment, mana gathered on Kazeda's blade. The next, he unsheathed it with blinding speed, a shimmering light akin to a reflecting blade slashing all around the three in an instant, a whirlwind of magic suddenly severing everything before him, descending upon (Y/N), Fay and Jayden almost the instant it came into creation, kicking up a massive cloud of dust as the ground was left innumerably scarred by the blade, Kazeda calmly gazing at the scene, before beginning to sheathe his sword.

...It was over now.

"[Void Frost Magic: Dragon's Frost Talon!]" However, just as soon as he did, a talon of frost bearing immense mana slashed down upon him, Kazeda unsheathing his sword and slashing clean through the talon in an instant, though a look of surprise was plastered on his face.

As the cloud of dust came to dissipate, Kazeda couldn't help his surprise at the scene. Although clearly out of breath, (Y/N) currently had Phantasm extended, void frost falling from the sword, clearly the assailant behind the attack. Similarly, Fay and Jayden were standing behind him, unharmed by his spell, though they seemed confused.

"How are we still..." Fay couldn't help but marvel, surprise clearly present on her face. Though she barely reacted to that attack, she couldn't even imagine being able to block it.

Her senses in mana sensory were beyond acute. She sensed that if her blade were to try and meet the strange magic head-on, it would be slashed in half. A spell wouldn't change the result.

Yet, despite that, (Y/N) had still managed to not only block the unblockable attack, but at the same time, he even sent a counterattack toward Kazeda.

First the Timeless Sentinel, now Kazeda...

...He really was a monster.

"I...already said...I'm not letting anyone die." (Y/N) slowly recovered his stance, catching his breath as Phantasm's glow slowly dimmed.

It was only thanks to one of Phantasms' innate spells, [Absolute Counter], that he even managed to block Severed Enclosure.

That spell was beyond horrifying. Naturally, standing in the middle of it, (Y/N)'s sharp senses warned him of the impending attacks...except, the attack came from every single direction all at once. Even he had no clue how to deal with such an attack. He was forced into a gamble by using [Absolute Counter], although the results were far greater than he expected. Somehow, it had completely nullified the spell entirely...

Furthermore, it enabled him to send a counterattack toward Kazeda, although he still blocked it easily...

"This guy is just unfair! Even his own attack thrown back at him didn't faze him!" (Y/N) held a grim expression on his face as he saw Kazeda's calm look as he surveyed them. Although a hint of confusion was clear in his expression, it disappeared almost as soon as it came.

"How did he...could that sword be an Origin Armament? Interesting." Kazeda, after scouring the scene, couldn't find any other explanation.

"It seems...I really did look down on you far too much. I didn't expect you'd be capable of holding an Origin Armament." Kazeda spoke coolly, his gaze trained on (Y/N). Or rather, on the crimson-black sword in his hands.