Chapter 6

Sunday

The days leading up to the event went by quickly. She had not seen Dion since the deal they made.

Lucy was informed that it was an annual Gala where all the high-class members of society were in attendance.

On Thursday a gorgeous green spaghetti strapped ball dress, paired with clear heels arrived at Lucys apartment, she tried declining such an expensive gift, but the men insisted.

Then finally the big day was here. She woke up to a group of seven people at her doorstep, their purpose was to prepare her as best as they could.

It was part of Lucys plan not to show up as herself, she had guessed that the only reason he chose her was because she wasnt attractive enough.

What a rude awakening he was in for, she gave them permission to tear away the 90s inspired Lucy and bring back the fiery vixen she once was.

***

It took the entire day for her to get ready. Between make-up and hair, it was a time-consuming process. She was completely taken aback when she stared at herself in the mirror.

Her long ginger hair was curled to perfection and her makeup brought out her rich hazel eyes. Itd been a while since shed seen herself like this, she was satisfied.

Fuck, Dion blurted out he could not believe his eyes, was this the same woman that he hired, no impossible.

Nice to see you too, Mr Huxley Lucy said, unphased by his comment. She enjoyed watching him search for words, it was exactly what she wanted.

Dion was speechless; his attention was focused on Lucys breast, he imagined what they would taste like in his mouth, or what itd be like to rip her dress off and explore what other secrets her body held.

A familiar bulge formed in Dions pants, it was strange, this was the first time in months where he had an erection for someone other than Amy.

Well shouldn't we get going, Lucy enquired, taking special attention to the situation that was forming in his pants, but she had to admit him in a tuxedo; there was nothing sexier.

Yes, we should, the car is downstairs, he replied, his mind totally in another place.

***

The entire car ride was silent, Dion was thankful that it was a fifteen-minute drive, it gave him time to get himself under control.

He said a silent prayer that his plan to evade Amy would work, as they pulled up to the Chelsea Grand Hotel.

Dion quickly hopped out of the driver's seat to unlock Lucys door, but she was already out of the car.

He took one last minute to admire the angelic ginger that stood before him, not wanting to repeat his last situation he gave the keys to the valet and guided her to the 14th floor.

Lucys heart stopped for a moment when she exited the elevator with Dion, she felt like everyone was staring at her, which in fact they were.

The expensive looking people that occupied the hall were all staring at the woman that was at the side of New York's most eligible bachelor, a feat not even Amy Farron could manage to accomplish.

Dion sensed her uneasiness and he found himself offering a hand of reassurance on her lower back.

His sudden movements set off an eruption of butterflies in Luciannas stomach, he was so close.

Despite the chills in her spine, she offered him a soft smile, and gathered her emotions.

Suddenly the sound of a glass hitting the tiled floor erupted in the room, it seemed as though only Dion and Lucy took notice as everyone else resumed their previous activities.

The noise came from the direction of Amy Farron and her husband. She wore a skin-tight red dress, which showed all of her features.

The moment Dion saw her, he knew his plan would work. It had been a week since his last encounter with Amy, it was the longest he'd ever gone.

With a heavy sigh he tore his attention from Ms Farron and unto Lucy. It was time for plan B, the only thing stronger than his lust for Amy was his urge to get Lucy in bed.

Dion leaned into Lucianas ear and whispered, How about I get us a drink, Ill be back soon carina

His voice sent a chill down her spine, as much as she wouldve loved to tell him not to call her carina he was already gone.

After he returned, they spent the evening talking to several business giants about future plans and proposals. After an hour Lucy excused herself to get some air.

She found herself on the balcony overlooking the night life of the city, the cool air grazed her skin, everything was perfect.

You honestly think that you have a chance with him, sweetheart, Amy said, her voice laced with hatred bringing Lucy out of her gaze. Let me show you how quickly hell come running back

Lucy turned on her heels to see Amy already walking towards Dion, she watched as Amy flashed her breasts and took him for a sloppy kiss.

She was embarrassed more than angry, what would all those people think of her now, no one would knew of her arrangement with Dion.

All they would see was her 'date' kissing another woman.

Frustrated, Lucy briskly walked towards the elevator, she fulfilled her end of the bargain, at least now her father would be taken care of.

Nothing in the world could make her keep this job now, she refused to work in such a toxic environment any longer, she was done.