Chapter 3

"What in the bloody hell Caroline? Are you trying to kill me? What are you even doing here so early? Wait, how did you even get in?" Lucy fired a series of questions.

"Jeez, what are you a detective?" Caroline shot back, feeling cornered.

"First of all, I'm here to make sure you dont completely lose your shit before you start working for him, clearly I was right to come. She glanced over to the bed before continuing, secondly you told me where your spare key was when you called to tell me about the job last Friday."

"Oh," was all Lucy managed to say as she recalled the 4-hour phone call between her and Caroline. Now she felt bad for startling her friend with all those questions.

"So erm how much of that did you see?" she chuckled, in an attempt to lighten the mood. A devilish smile formed on Caroline's face.

"I saw it all sweetheart, must have been quite the dream, you should have seen yourself, 'Oh Dion kiss me more' " Caroline laughed as she pretended to make out with herself.

"Oh, shut it," Lucy replied to her friends taunts, picking up a pillow to throw at her. Now help me get ready, I don't want to be late on my first day.

Against Caroline's thousands of attempts of fashion advice Lucy still chose to wear her usual depressing clothes.

She was dressed in a green ankle length skirt and a white blouse paired with brown wedges. Along with her more than worn out black wig, that hid her red hair perfectly and her glasses.

"There's no changing your mind?" Caroline asked, hoping that she would receive an answer other than no.

"Nope." Lucy responded with the biggest of smiles.

***

Lucy paid the fare and stepped out of her Uber. With a quick glance at her gold Sknei watch, the time was 8:50. She had somehow managed to make it on time.

She stood on the sidewalk in front of the 70 storied skyscraper, Huxley Hotels and Construction Company. She looked like an ant compared to the size of this edifice. The morning sun reflected off the glassy exterior of the building.

Her chest rose and fell with a deep breath, and she proceeded to enter the building.

Her wedge heels clicked on the grey polished stone floor. Everything was quieter than she expected, she thought that they would at least have a lot of people on the first floor.

Nevertheless, she clutched her purse a bit tighter as she approached the receptionist, who appeared to be engrossed in work.

"Good morning, my name is Lucy Flores, I am the new Personal Assistant for Mr Huxley, I was hoping you could direct me to his office?" Lucy spoke with her most confident voice.

"Be right with you ma'am," the receptionist answered in a timid voice.

The pause in the atmosphere as Lucianna waited allowed her to better analyse the woman in front of her.

She had her brunette hair tied back in a tight bun, and she wore a grey and white suit that hugged her petite frame nicely.

Lucy's eyes drifted towards the name tag pinned on her jacket, her name was Sophie.

She wondered if they would get along with each other, maybe not, making friends had never really been her strong suit.

"Yes, Mr. Huxley is expecting you, take the elevator on the right and press the button to go to the highest floor. Never take the elevator on the left, that one is restricted." Sophie spoke interrupting her thoughts.

"The entire top floor is reserved for Mr. Huxley; however, your office is also located on that floor. Immediately after you get off the elevator, on the right you will see your office and to the left you'll see Mr. Huxleys office, the conference room is on that floor as well, and that's it, I hope you find everything okay." She finished with a smile.

"Thank you so much, I'll be on my way now, have a great day." Lucy responded, as she moved away from the lobby towards the elevators.

The elevator ride was painfully long and quiet, her palms were sweaty, and she was almost shaking from nervousness. The embarrassing dream she had earlier only made things worse.

Ding

Lucy took a deep breath and stepped off the elevator, ready or not here I come.

Everything was just as the receptionist said.

The conference area was a large room surrounded by glass. The only thing in the room was a polished wooden round table and matching chair set that could fit about 40 persons in it.

Then there was his office, Lucy 's heart pounded in her head with every step she took towards the office doors.

She mustered all her courage and pushed back all the lovesick teenager attitude, with the swift movement of her hand, she knocked on the door.

"Come in," Dion answered in a nonchalant tone. He already knew who was on the other side of the door but the urge to figure out who Ms Flores was had already passed.

At that moment he was extremely stressed out, there was an important business deal that would make or break his career, and on top of that he had been doing the extra work of an assistant, he had no reason to be bothered about a random woman.

Lucy opened the doors and slipped into the office, the cool A.C tickled her skin. Dion sat in his high back-office chair with a glass of brown liquor in his hands. He wore a Royal green shirt with the top button undone.

Lucy's thoughts froze when she realized that he had been watching her analyze him.

"Miss Flores you are late, I do not tolerate tardiness at my company." Dion spoke, he knew that it was petty seeing that she was only 1 minute late.

"Please do not let it happen again, I presume you know where your office is?"

"Yes," Lucy answered firmly, showing she was unaffected by his scolding.

"Good, your predecessor left quite the workload, I expect it on my desk by the end of the day, and please clear my schedule for this afternoon," he ordered with a devious smile.

"Yes sir." she answered plainly, he was nothing like Lucy fantasized although deep down she already knew that his outer appearance may have changed but he was still a narcissistic jerk, who doesn't know the meaning of human decency just like in high school.