First Things First

Hello there, new reader, and welcome to this boi's first romance novel! I find it hilarious that I've been on this platform since the tail-end of 2017, and have therefore spent a pretty long time on a platform dominated by romance stories and teen fics, yet have never decided to try my hand at it myself. Don't get me wrong, my books are full of romantic subplots, but I've never written a whole story based around love. But alas, look where we find ourselves. 

Now, I won't have as much preamble as I usually do in my other books. After you finish reading this, you can immediately go to chapter one. But I do have some things to say. 

So first, this book is only posted to the Wattpad website at Wattpad.com, under the pen name Y. I. Turner and username flamesword01. If the copy you're reading right now is on a different site or under a different name, we're looking at plagiarism or even piracy. Especially if you're not reading this on Wattpad, then your device's security could be at risk, as the legitimacy of an alternate site is questionable. Please navigate to Wattpad to read this story in its original, safe form, if you do happen to find it anywhere else. 

On a similar note, if someone on Wattpad itself stole this somehow but it's not Y. I. Turner/flamesword01 who posted it, then it's still plagiarism. Please do report that and inform me (the original author) as well. I'll very much appreciate that. 😁 (And then with that done, of course, make your way to the right place to be, on my page.) 

Lastly, I'd like to give a big, fat thank you to my very good friend, @dilenu! She's such a massive part of how this story even came to sprout up from the initial seed of an idea I had. I've been so blessed to be able to bounce ideas off her, share first drafts of the chapters as I write them, and just generally Dilenu has been an amazing nurturing influence on this story. I'm not sure I'd have gone through with writing this without her, so a huge thank you. Not to mention she also made the snazzy cover, so ayy! This book is dedicated to Dilenu for very good reason. ❤️

And that's about it! Hope you enjoy reading, and I hope my first attempt at a romance novel succeeds! Let's go! 💓