Chapter 35: Court Sentencing

Your wish is my command, my dear readers. You have been blessed with a sentencing!

Song: Right Through Me by DAY6 (Even of Day)
Art: @mixiv_14

-

The building was just as plain as it was on the outside.

With beige walls and seats for people who were waiting for their loved ones to come out of court.

There were police everywhere and a secretary desk when you first walk in.

They talked to the nice-seeming lady, giving her their names and time the court meeting was, who then gave them a sympathetic look when she looked at her computer, checking them in.

"You still have some time, would you like anything to eat or drink?" She asked politely, motioning to even more seats and a coffee machine.

Xingqiu glanced at the boy, grabbing his hand and pulling him gently towards the seating area.

(Just a heads up, I have no fvcking idea how court goes.)

"You a little hungry?" Xingqiu asked, squeezing his boyfriend's hand.

"N-no. N-not really." Chongyun stuttered. There was too many people here to talk properly, and the anticipation of seeing his mother both scared him and made him nervous.

"That's perfectly normal. I know I should have told you before, but seeing how you reacted before, it was probably for the best." Xingqiu hugged him tightly, the other boy melting into him right away.

They must've spent longer than 10 minutes because when they pulled away, they were being called by a very scary looking police woman.

She introduced herself as Beidou, chief of police. "I'm here to take you to your court room." The tall woman looked at the two, noticing how Chongyun fidgeted with his sleeve.

"Hey now, don't be nervous, nothing will happen to you in there. I've read over your case. She's going to jail, I can promise you that." She laughed slightly, ruffling Chongyun's hair and started leading them towards a nice wooden door. Xingqiu placed an arm around his boyfriend's waist.

"I gotta come in with you, to make sure nothing happens to you, or anyone else." Chief  Beidou said, opening the door and letting the two boys slip inside.

The room was big, with benches lining the edges and most of the room. A raised wooden desk sat at the end of the room, two podium like things right beside it.

Other desks surrounded it, probably for the attorneys and defendants and cameras lined the ceiling.

Another door opened, one Chongyun didn't see before, and came another woman.

Her blond hair tied with a fancy hair piece, letting the rest of it down. She was wearing a black fitted dress with white and gold accents.

"Ahh, there's my beautiful wife!" Chief Beidou exclaimed, walking towards the judge with open arms.

She just glared at the brown haired woman, mouthing a "not here!" and walked up the small flight of stairs to her work space.

Judge Ningguang read the name on her desk.

No one else was in the room with them until Yanfei burst in.