Chapter 1: Song

Hi guys! Thank you SO SO MUCH for picking up this story! Just a disclaimer: I don't own any of the characters or songs in this, they either are from MiHoyo or WayV, BTS, STRAY KIDS, SF9, TXT, or other Kpop/American bands. I'll put the song/songs mentioned above and write the name. Remember this is a XingYun fanfic, if you don't like, please leave and do not put any hate please. In this AU, Xingqui is an idol and sings all of these songs. They are, of course, not by him. They are by mentioned boy bands. If anyone has read through this, thank you and enjoy!

And Picture art by: @Am_maple27
Song: Action Figure by WayV.

-

Chongyun woke up to his alarm blaring. He didn't have school today though. His alarm shouldn't even be on.

He turned over and pressed the off button and tried to go back to sleep.

Closing his eyes, Chongyun tried to remember his fleeting dream, hoping to catch the tail end of the story.

He huffed and rolled on his back, looking at the white ceiling. He couldn't go back to sleep.

The boy got up and stretched his back and arms. He yawned. His feet hit the cold floor as he walked tiredly to the washroom attached to his room. He did his business and brushed his hair and teeth.

7:06. Chongyun sighed. His mother was probably either still asleep or just went to work and his father was most likely at work too.

His mother worked with kids at a day care, so she started pretty early to set up everything and clean.

His father worked as a lawyer and always worked late nights and early mornings.

He didn't feel like eating so maybe he'd just relax on his bed and play on his phone.

He sat back down on his bed, bouncing slightly from sitting down so fast. Laying back, Chongyun grabbed his phone from his nightstand.

A notification popped up when he opened his phone. Probably from Xiangling or Hu Tao.

Checking his messages, he saw that both of his friends were up late last night texting in their group chat.

Hu Tao
Heyyyyy

Xiangling
Are you thinking about death again??

Hu Tao
Nopeee not rn
But maybe later

They went on and on about death and cooking and how Hu Tao's younger siblings were "oh so annoying". She joked about killing them and using their bodies for rotisserie chicken.

He deleted the whole conversation. He needed to be careful about things his friends said. His parents would never let him talk to them ever again if they saw how they acted. They'd probably take away his phone or closely monitor it at all times.

They cared about him a little too much as Chongyun liked to put it. They sheltered him from a lot of things. He wasn't allowed to have social media, they cut ties with anyone who was homosexual or who didn't like the ways of assigned gender roles.

Suddenly, Chongyun's phone dinged. A message from the group chat.

Hu Tao
GUYS LOOK!!!!

Xiangling
OMG WHAT!?

Hu Tao
I JUST FOUND THIS REALLY GOOD SONG!!
ITS CALLED "Action Figure"
I HEARD IT ON THE RADIO WHEN I WAS DRIVING TO CAMPUS

Xiangling
OKAY ILL LISTEN TO IT RN!!
CHONGYUN IK YOURE THERE!!!
LISTEN TO THE SONG!!!!!!!!

Chongyun
Uh, is it kid friendly? You guys know my parents will get mad.

Hu Tao
Yeah it's friendly! And it's really good too! Listen to it

Chongyun sighed. He looked it up and found a lyric version of it. He pressed it and brought him to YouTube.

He pressed play. Music immediately poured through his phone.

Chongyun had never listened to something like this before. His heart started racing and his face flushed slightly.

The singer's voice was so beautiful and smooth. It was so good.

Chongyun nodded his head along with the beat, not knowing the words yet.

He wouldn't tell Xiangling or Hu Tao about him liking it yet. They would probably freak and do something stupid. Like buy tickets to a concert or something.

Chongyun had been sitting on his bed for a while now. He glanced at his clock again. 7:34.

He should probably start making his bed and feed himself.

Putting the song on loop, he turned up the volume on his phone.

He made his bed, dancing a little along to the music.

When he was done, he grabbed his phone and went downstairs into the kitchen. He made himself a bowl of cereal and sat down at the table.

He started thinking about the song while it played. Hu Tao didn't say anything about the artist. So he looked it up.

The results loaded and there showed the artist.

At first, he mistook them as a girl, but looking at how tall they were and their voice, it had to be a guy.

He had short navy blue hair and deep golden brown eyes.

Hmm... it doesn't say the name...?

He looked closer to his phone, the music still pouring out of it.

He suddenly heard a car engine. He panicked and quickly switched his phone off and paused the music, placing his phone face-down and continued to eat his cereal.

Chongyun had a really good sense of hearing. Growing up in a strict and sheltered home, you get curious.

His mom opened the door and walked in, taking her shoes off and pulling on her slippers.

"Chongyun, honey?" She called.

"Right here mom!"

"Ah, so sorry, I just forgot my water bottle and lunch! I'll be going now. Bye sweetheart." She said as she grabbed her said things and left, closing the door and locking it. She was probably in a rush to get back.

"Um, bye." Chongyun said as his mother drove off. He finished eating his cereal and dropped his dish in the drying wrack after washing it.

He sighed again, completely forgetting what he was doing moments to before.

Maybe he'd go for a walk? But it was cold outside.

Eh, who cares. He plugged in his phone, seeing it light up.

On the screen was the song he was listening to.

Action Figure
By Xingqiu Guhua