Chapter 5: Arguments

This song doesn't really have anything to do with the chapter, I just thought I'd sounded nice and I couldn't find a song that fit...

Song: Levanter by STRAY KIDS
Art: @mashhellasus

-

Chongyun's mom kept trying. She invited a girl over almost every day. It was tiring and annoying.

Chongyun had stopped remembering every poor girls name a long time ago.

He was over having his mom trying to get him with girls. He didn't want to come out of his room tonight. He was going to stay there and not come out until the dinner was over.

He heard the door open and his mother's voice say hello, greeting the new girl.

"Chongyun! Come downstairs please!" She called in her sing-song voice. When her son didn't respond, she frowned and walked up the stairs.

Expecting the door to be unlocked, she grabbed the handle and tried walking, but failed and bumped into the door. Chongyun found that funny.

"Chongyun? Come down here right now."

"No. I don't want you bringing girls here anymore. I already told you, I don't want to date."

"Don't you dare say that. I am doing something good for you. You need to get a girlfriend! I will not accept this!" She tried the handle again, jiggling it. "And unlock this door right now!"

She started to get mad.

"Mom, just stop."

"Open the door. Right. Now." She hissed, Chongyun got nervous. He really hadn't gone against his mother before. He didn't know what to do.

We went up to the door and unlocked it. Immediately, his mother burst through, an angry look on her face.

"How dare you. I am your mother-"

"Yes, and I am your son. I want you to respect me. I don't want to date."

And suddenly, she slapped him. He stumbled back, shocked.

"You do not talk to your mother like that. I do so much for you. You never even appreciate it. I make you food, I give you a house to live in. And what do you do? Disregard and disrespect me."

"Mom, just stop going out of your way to find a girl for me. I-I don't want to date them. Look, I'm not interested in girls okay?"

"Excuse me? What the hell did you just say!? I don't believe this bullshit!"

Chongyun flinched at the word. He never liked swear words. But it was true, he didn't like girls. He never did. Thinking about it, he never batted an eye to girls. He never really cared for them.

But he didn't really like anyone.

Chongyun suddenly had a burst of confidence.

"You heard me. I don't like girls."

His mother laughed. "I will not have a fag son. You are going to come down here and eat dinner and get along with this nice girl."

"No."

"I'm sorry? What did you just say?" She was fuming with anger.

"I said no." Chongyun replied sternly. Why was his mother always like this? Why couldn't she just get the hint that he didn't want to date anyone.

She stormed more into his room and grabbed his phone off his bed.

As she picked it up, the screen lit up, showing the song he had been listening to.

She laughed again. "Are you serious? This boy is gay. Maybe he turned you into some fag. I will not have a gay son." She took his phone, holding it tightly in her hand.

"Wait, no! Mom- please don't-" Chongyun tried to grab his phone.

"Mom stop, please just stop this okay? I-I'll go down and talk with the girl, just please give me my phone back!" He pleaded, but to no avail.

"Chongyun. I've told you. This is what is changing you." She held up the phone. "I will not stand for this. You are not to leave this house for 3 months, do you hear me? Now go and see the girl. Dinner is on the table." She walked out, taking the phone with her.

Chongyun had never wanted to cry this bad in his life. He wanted to, but nothing came out. There was no way his mother would give his phone back. He wouldn't be able to get it back even if he tried.

He didn't want to go downstairs at all now. He felt empty. It was unfair.

"Chongyun. Come down here." His mother called again.

Their whole argument had lasted about 5 minutes, as to not make it more awkward for the girl the whole time.

He sighed and slowly walked down the stairs. He had changed into an light blue oversized hoodie and normal jeans.

He made eye contact with the girl before looking away to the ground.

The dinner was quiet and awkward and Chongyun felt bad for the girl. He didn't want to say anything to his mom or the girl sitting beside him. His cheek still hurt from the slap too.

When dinner was done, he said good bye and went to his room.

He slowly got into his bed, pulling the covers over him. He didn't want to do anything. He wanted to sleep.

Closing his eyes, he thought of Xingqiu and how they had kind of met.

His heart started pounding slightly and his cheeks flushed. What was this? Why was he getting so flustered and mushy inside?

Chongyun didn't understand a lot of feelings because he was just an antisocial person. He wasn't the one to go up to people and talk to them, he'd get anxious and think they thought he was weird.

With Xiangling and Hu Tao, they had been his group partners in the start of college. They were the loud, chatty ones, whereas Chongyun just sat there quietly.

He was thinking to much. He wanted to go to bed and pretend this day never happened. It was a horrible day and Chongyun just wanted to end it already, wake up to a new day, a fresh start.

He sighed and got comfy, pulling the sheets up to his chin, hugging his pillow.

He slowly drifted to sleep, Xingqiu on his mind.

-

OMG BESTIES WHY DO I HAVE OVER 100 READS AND 17 VOTES-
THANK YOU GUYS SO FRICKIN MUCH IM GONNA CRY! I LOVE YOU!!! ❤️