Chapter 17: Mother Knows Best

Tw: abuse, homophobic slurs. Sorry besties 😔

Song: Close by AB6IX
Art: bc this chapter is sad, have this beautiful art by @Maidhao1713

-

They had seen the picture.

Chongyun froze, panic hitting him like a punch in the stomach.

What were they going to do? Where they going to kick him out? What if they stopped him from seeing Xingqiu? What if they sent him away somewhere?

He was scared.

Maybe they hadn't heard him. He could go upstairs quietly, like nothing had happened.

Chongyun silently made his way to the stairs. As he stepped on one of the steps, it creaked. He paused.

"Chongyun? Is that you?" His mother called. He felt his heart stop for a second before he replied.

"...Yeah?"

"Come here."

Chongyun let about a shaky breath and started making his way towards the kitchen. He felt his muscles tense and untense the closer he got to the kitchen.

His parents had stopped arguing and were giving small glares at each other.

His mother held up a phone that had the picture posted on the screen.

"Leave the room." She told his father. He let out a breath and nodded. They heard fiddling and then the door open and close.

"Chongyun... My dear Chongyun..." his mother said and placed her hands on his cheeks. He grabbed her wrists gently in case she was planning something.

"Y-yeah mom?"

"Who were you with today?" She asked in a sickly sweet voice.

"M-my f-friends... W-why?"

One hand threaded through his hair and suddenly grabbed a fist full and pulled.

"You're lying. You think you can get away with this? Without me knowing?" She pulled harder, her nails scraping his scalp.

It hurt. It hurt so bad. Tears pricked the sides of Chongyun's eyes from the pain and panic. Everything happened to suddenly.

"Now you're crying? Boys don't cry. It shows how weak you are. A pathetic excuse of a human."

Her words pierced his heart over and over again.

"S-stop... Please..." he begged. She let go with a slight push. Then she slapped him.

It brought back memories of when she first did it. When she had found out he was listening to Xingqiu's songs.

He stumbled back and tripped over his own feet, falling backwards.

"You though you could lie to me? You thought I wouldn't notice? You thought I would care? I will never have a fag son like you."

She pulled him up by his hair again.

"And what are these, hm?" She pulled his shirt collar down to reveal the hickeys.

"Are these from that boy? I bet he fucked you senseless. And you enjoyed every second of it. He probably choked you and slapped you. Such a slutty boy."

"N-no... W-we didn't d-do a-anything!" Chongyun tried pulling away, but his mother had a death grip on him.

"Really? These hickeys are telling me a different story. Did he pull your hair? Did he order you to suck his dick? Or maybe you did it without him telling you to?" She said, venom laced with her voice.