Let's try that again

Start from the beginning

Lando concentrated for a few more minutes until he was done.

"All good to go beautiful" he said kissing your shoulder as he stood
"Thank you, a few more days and then done. Glad we go home tomorrow night. I just want my own bed now."
"Me too, I want my English TV channels and bed back." He laughed
"Not long now"
"Have you spoken to your mum and dad?" You asked
"Yeah they were out with Savannah and Ollie so didn't talk for long. They don't know how tomorrow will go. Gave me the be safe lecture once again as usual and yeah"
"I literally don't care if you come last, all I want is you around the circuit in one piece and back to me safely. That's what I really want"
"And I want you to be back ok your feet and ready for action again"
"Action?" You asked as lando was walking through to the kitchen
"I mean that in a plural way, multiple meanings of actions baby" he softly laughed and it made your cheeks burn slightly at his words.

For the rest of the evening you sat downstairs watching the original Herbie film before falling asleep on each other like you had done the past few nights. Tiredness was kicking in as the triple header was coming to a close but there was still a final push tomorrow for the race with McLaren in such a strong position.

You sat for a moment after checking the time, 1:27am, looking up over your shoulder to see lando beneath you as you lay your head on his chest. The slow rise and fall was calming and his arms wrapped around your waist made you feel safe and secure. His ocean eyes closed while his curls fluffed across his forehead giving a gentle shadow across his face. It was rare you had a moment just to see him resting while although the life of an F1 driver looked relaxed and so luxurious it was a different matter, lando never stopped training, streaming or racing so the time he was at ease was an occasion to be appreciated.

"Lan?" You softly said as your voice was hoarse from the sleep, "lan, darling it's now 1:29am, you need to get in bed" you said again as he stirred, opening his eyes gently and giving you a soft smile as he saw your face. He rubbed his eyes and pushed his hair off his face as you moved to get up
"I'm shattered" he replied
"I know but your neck and back will be sore if you spend the night on here again" you said as you held out a hand for him to take to follow you. "Come on, we have to be at the track for 10 ish"

Nothing more needed to be said as lando stood up before yawing and wrapping his arms around you for a hug, still with his eyes closed. "Lan I can't carry you" you joked. At your words you felt one arm under your legs and another supporting your back as he picked you up bridal style to carry upstairs. You hadn't walked up them for the last week with your leg and it was now part of the routine.
"I love you" you whispered into his ear, catching your lips on his earlobe
"I love you too darling" he hummed as his strong arms held you close to his chest while protecting your leg.

"It's go time" Will said as he was checking radios with lando. "And radio check?"
"Yep, good to go" lando replied as he adjusted his seating position before making his way out the garage for his lap to the grid.

You gave a thumbs up and wave in which he responded in the same and then he was off. You prayed you would see him in the hour or so and hopefully no sooner. "Hes got this" Jon said as he handed you a can of coke
"Bloody hope so. He's racing to win you know so will, he's not going to listen to you" you said looking over and earning a smile and shake of a head.

As the cars lined up this time on the grid for lights out the sound of engines and the burning of fuel filled the air. The nerves kicked in even more sending you sick with the thought like usual. "Just get round the first few laps" you thought to yourself.

Watching from McLaren you could the grid line up and it was lights out and they all screamed off.

"Come on lando!" You shouted into turn one and he managed to keep his position of p2. The challenge to him was looking like nothing until a few laps in when Perez challenged him. Lando couldn't do anything and the FIA brought it up for investigation for forcing Perez off track. Will sat with his head in his hands as he had feed back from Michael from the FIA. "This is a fucking joke! He did nothing" Jon shouted
"5 seconds! They can piss off" you replied
"Lando, you have a five second time penalty from the FIA for forcing off Perez" Will radioed over waiting for the abuse he would get back
"They can piss off" lando replied
"Anna said the same. No worries if we keep pushing we can do this. Hamilton behind"