𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

WHILE taking her bath, Nuri saw that Hiccup was right by her Night Fury, giving him a brief wave to know that he was by him.

The midnight beast just ignored him and shielded himself away from the scrawny boy with his wings and tail.

Nuri giggled. She then saw that Hiccup was trying to get close to the dragon. He was about to touch his tail but the Night Fury caught him in the act. He quickly tried to play it off by standing up and walking away.

Nuri laughed. "Stupid!"

"Hey!"

///

After some time, the Night Fury sleeps, hanging upside down like a bat with Nuri, who was sleeping as well. The midnight beast wakes up to find Hiccup drawing him in the sand.

The dragon then uses a branch to 'draw' Hiccup in the dirt and becomes angry when Hiccup steps on his lines. Hiccup then steps over the lines to finally reach him.

The boy offers his hand to the Night Fury while looking away. He finally trusts Hiccup enough to touch his nose to Hiccup's hand. The beast then snorts and runs away.

Nuri, who had woken up and witnessed the whole thing, came down from the branch she was hanging upside down on. "Con..." She cleared her throat. "Congratulations." She said softly, walking over to the water.

"For what?" Hiccup as the girl while she took a handful of water and drank it.

"He is yours now." Nuri smiled at Hiccup.

"What?!"

"I made a vow that if my Night Fury trusted someone else, I would hand him over to that person," She stood up. "And that person..." She made her way to Hiccup and put her hand over his chest. "Is you."

Hiccup chuckled awkwardly, his cheeks becoming red.

"Toothless," Nuri turned away from him, walking away, pulling off a branch from a tree and a vine from the cove.

"E-Excuse me?" Hiccup raised an eyebrow.

"His name is Toothless," Nuri replied.

"Understandable." Hiccup shrugged, making his way over to her.

She was leaning against a rock, shaping the slightly curved branch straightly using her skull.

"What're you making?" She heard Hiccup ask before hearing a light thud next to her.

"A rod." She replied.

"A fishing rod?"

"Yes," She responded, taking the long thin vine and tying it around the straight branch. "I am hungry, I need to catch fish to survive." She got up. "The only thing I need is bait."

"Why don't you just leave the cove with Toothless?" Hiccup inquired.

Nuri smacked the boy upside the head.

"Ow!"

"Stupid, he is much too big to fit through the small hole, and he can't fly properly without his other fin at the end of his tail." Nuri sighed. "I refuse to leave him." She looked at Hiccup. "Do you have bait on you?"

"Uh, I have this." Hiccup got out a rusty fishhook from his fur coat. "I found it while coming back to the cove."

"Perfect." Nuri snatched it from him and began tying it at the end of the vine.

"Your welcome," Hiccup rolled his eyes.

Nuri stared at Hiccup before licking his cheek, causing him to gasp before his face turned red.