(1) Another Happy Landing

As the blaring sirens are about to cause your eardrums to burst, you are trying desperately to shout commands to the troopers nearby. They are trying their best to keep the ship in the air, but you already know that it's in vain. Two damn x-wings surprised you on your way to the rebel base the Supreme Leader found out about a few days ago. They must have been hiding in the meteor debris you were passing by. Even in this dreadful situation, you can already hear your General shouting at you about it. Speaking of the devil...Where is Hux? He was with you on the bridge just before you got hit.

Holding onto the panels in front of you, you make your way over to the pilot.

"We lost all engines!" He yells at you over the cacophony of metal creaking, air whooshing, and people running around.

"Can you stabilize us using the compressors below the ship?" You scream back.

His eyes widen: "I can try!"

As he is working the panel, you look on the screen next to him. You point at it: "We're not far out from that planet."

"Maridun? That has been abandoned since Vader was last there."

"Skywalker." You correct him. "Skywalker was there, not Vader."

Looking around, you still hope for Hux to appear. Technically, you're not allowed to make this decision. Maridun is a planet in the Outer Rim, so way outside the sphere of control of the First Order. But at least it's mostly covered in grassland and has breathable air. An advantage, should you still be breathing after the crash.

"Do it." You decide. "Land there."

Another shot of an x-wing hits the ship just before you enter the atmosphere. This time, the compressors can't do anything about it and the ship starts spiraling towards the ground.

You yell curses. However, it's not likely for anyone to hear it over the deafening sounds of the ship falling through the sky, closing in on the trees below you at a concerning speed. "Water!" You scream from the top of your lungs when you see a lake in the distance. The impact will still be brutal but maybe less deadly. The pilot gives you a thumbs up, hitting buttons you have no idea what they are for; you hope it will get the ship to hit the water instead of the earth.

"Officer!" You hear a familiar voice behind you. Turning your head, you are confronted with an angry General Hux, obviously trying to keep up the front of the professional superior, even though you all are likely to die shortly.

"Who gave the order to-"

"Brace for impact!" The pilot interrupts him.

Quickly, you grab Hux and push him into one of the co-pilot chairs, fastening his belt, before getting in one yourself. Your breathing quickens and your entire body tenses as the water surface comes closer and closer. Your arms crosses and close to your chest, you yell until the air is forcefully pressed out of your lungs.

For a split second, the moment the ship hits the water, everything goes quiet. Then the ship bounces off the water several times. One. You are catapulted forwards, the seatbelt cutting into your shoulder. Two. You hit your head on something. Three. You can barely see anything. Water hits you. The front screen must have cracked at some spots.

Gasping for air, you open your seatbelt and fall out of the chair. Your chest collides with the panel. It makes you realize that the ship is tilted, slowly sinking. "Fuck." Cursing, you shake your head and run your fingers through your hair to regain orientation.

You stumble over debris as you try to get to the pilot. "Hey." Grabbing his shoulder, you ask: "Are you okay?" Lifeless, his head falls to the side. You shriek. The bending of the metal creates noises that make the ship sound like a dying animal.