Chapter 22 ~ Semifinals Gala

While our heroes are shopping for something formal to the gala, Gladion receives some great news from his mother and Wickie, but what can this good news be that will shed some light? Who knows what will it be.

Gladion's P.O.V

Gladion: Mother, is it true that someone infiltrated into Aether Foundation and stole Faba's machine?
Lusamine [Rotom Phone]: Yes, Faba informed us that his machine is missing while Wickie found the source
Wickie [Rotom Phone]: Apparently, when the last time Team Rocket was here, they stole information regarding about what Valarie's mother discovered when she was recruited to help us understand about the Ultra Beast and their behavior, however, those files were downloaded and deleted short after they managed to get a copy of those files
Gladion: Damn... Can you get Sophocles to trace it and find out who hacked the system?
Lusamine [Rotom Phone]: We tried Gladion, but so far it leads to a dead end
Gladion: Try again, I know Sophocles can find them, I just know it
Lusamine [Rotom Phone]:... All right, I'll contact Sophocles and see if he can help us one more time, but don't get your hopes up
Gladion: I know he can help us, I'll talk to you later
Lusamine [Rotom Phone]: All right, by the way... [smile] When are you going to ask her~?
Gladion: [blush] M-M-Mother!! Why do you have to ask such a particular question!?
Lusamine [Rotom Phone]: Because~ Lillie and I want to know about the soon to be future wife of yours~
Gladion: I gotta go!!

I hanged up from my mother and tried to calm down, I looked at my reflection on the window when I noticed that I was blushing. I sighed and relaxed when I took out a poke ball in my pocket and opened it to reveal a ring inside, I was going to ask her the question after the kids battle with Raihan, but I think asking her during the Gala would be perfect.

Hop: Hey Gladion, do you think I should go bow tie or just a tie
Gladion: Go for bow tie, she'll love you in a bow tie
Hop: Eh!?
Victor: Yeah, I betcha she'll even love you in a tux~
Hop: Oh shut up!!
Gladion: I'm sure Marnie will like you Victor in a tux too
Hop: Yeah~ or if you wear a leather jacket~
Victor: [blush] Oh be quiet!! I do not have a crush on her!!
Gladion: No one said that you did
Victor: I'm muting myself right now

We all laughed and chose our tux for the gala, after that we left the store and walked to the fountain where we spotted Valarie with the girls. Victor and Hop ran up to them while I kept my distance and watch Valarie interact with the kids, she was always good with kids, even when we were young she was always good at making Mimo smile and other kids.

Hop: Hey!! Gladion!! We're going back to the hotel!!
Gladion:... Coming!!

I followed Valarie and her students as we walked back to the hotel to get ready, it was already evening and we all got dressed. I was helping Victor and Hop with their bow ties while Valarie was in the other room helping them, I was fixing my hair and looked at myself in the mirror to see if anything is misplaced.

Gladion: What do you think guys? Look good?

[Lycanroc, Silvally, Umbreon, and Zoroark nodded agreeably]

Gladion: Okay... This is my only chance, I don't wanna mess this up
Valarie: Gladion!! We're ready!!
Gladion: Oh! I'm coming!!

I returned my Pokémon back into their poke ball except for Lycanroc, we walked out of the bedroom until we froze and spotted Valarie in a beautiful black and red dress that hugged her body, it was long and on her left side of her dress was split in half all the way down, she wore black heels, and her hair was loose. I don't know how long I stood there but I hear Valarie's voice from a distance until she was up close to me.