Chapter 16 ~ Gym Leader Audition - Part 2

Narrator's P.O.V

With Valarie's students already getting their Fairy Type Badges, Bella is the last person to battle against Opal. Will Bella be able to take down Opal and win the badge? Only one way to find out.

Bella's P.O.V

I fixed my hair and my clothes as I waited for my time to battle Opal, then when Hop competed his battle and won, it was my turn. I walked up to the field and saw Opal waiting for me,  I stood right in front of her as she opened her eyes and smiled.

Opal: I suppose it's a bit late to introduce myself, but... I'm Opal, the Gym Leader. I've gotten a good look at how you handled those quizzes. The last part of the mission is me... Let me have a look at how you and your partner Pokémon behave!
Bella: [smile] As you say in the theater, break a leg
Opal: [chuckle] You too, dear

We both got into position and I got my Pokémon of choice to begin ready, along with Ms. Opal.

Referee: The battle between Gym Leader Opal vs Gym Challenger Bella will now begin!!
Opal: Go, Weezing!

[Weezing appears]

Bella: Whoa, what kind of Weezing is that?
Rotom: Allow me Bella! Weezing, Poison Gas Pokémon, a Poison and Fairy type. This Pokémon consumes particles that contaminate the air. Instead of leaving droppings, it expels clean air.
Bella: Wow, another way to avoid polluting the air. Alright then, Go on, Scorch! I know you can do it!!
Scorch [Cinderace]: Raaaaa!!
Bella: Now!! Use Pyro Ball!!!

Scorch used Pyro Ball which sent a critical hit and caused Weezing to get burnt, perfect. But when Opal command Weezing to use Sludge, Scorch didn't had time to dodge it and was covered in purple ooze, at first I thought the poison got him but he brushed it off. I sigh in relief and noticed that Weezing was hurt by the burn and fainted so quick.

Bella: Alright!!
Scorch [Cinderace]: Cinde!!!!
Referee: Weezing is unable to battle!! Cinderace wins!!
Opal: Bravo, but the battle isn't over yet. Come! Togekiss!
Bella: Alright Scorch, time to-
Opal: Question!

[Bella anime falls]

Opal: You... Do you know my nickname?
Bella: Huh? Ummm... The Wizard?
Opal: Ding ding ding! Congratulations, you're correct
Bella: 'Wow, I got that right?' Hey, Scorch's speed rose sharply! Maybe if I get the answers right just like before my Pokémon get's stronger. Alright! Scorch, use Pyro Ball!!

The battle went on back and forth and Scorch's speed was improving very fast, soon Scorch was able to knock out Togekiss. So I decided to switch it up and use Silvally, I got my Steel memory disk and gave it to Silvally.

Bella: Perfect!
Opal: Now then, Mawile, it's your time to shine

[Mawile appears]

Bella: Now Silvally! Use Tri-Attack!!!

Silvally used Tri-Attack while Mawile used Play Rough, but it didn't damage Silvally a lot, Silvally used Iron Head and it did a huge damage, knocking Mawile out. I'm this close to winning and I hope to beat Opal. But when Opal brought Alcremie, I realized that was her last Pokémon.

Opal: My morning tea is finally kicking in, and not a moment too soon!
Bella: get ready Silvally it's time for you to Gigantamax!!! Ready!!
Silvally: [growl] raaaawwwwrrr!!!!
Bella: Let's do it!!!!