CHAPTER III

I was running for my life, I knew that much

I was running for my life, I knew that much. My heaving chest struggled to get a breath out with every pump of my legs. I could hear the wind whistling in my ears and the snapping of branches as something chased me. My tears were hot and warm, running down my face in rivulets and flying in the wind.

I could feel hot snapping breath and animalistic grunts behind me as I see a cliff come into view. I skid to a stop at the edge and glance behind me quickly. The tall lanky creature that had been after me had stopped chasing but simply stared at me. It had an exposed brain that I would have lunged at if it weren't for the things large claws. It suddenly took a jerky step forward and reached a hand out. All of sudden I heard a loud BOOM and the creature and I went over the cliff.

I swore I heard a gravelly voice scream my name, but the gusts of air around me made it hard to hear. I saw a lake come into view just in time for me to plunge into it, and darkness once again.

I shot up from my sleeping position with a small cry. I inhaled deep breaths as if I hadn't breathed in a long time. I felt something wet run down my cheeks and I batted it with my shaking hands. Tears. I had been crying? The vivid dream I had began to fade away, leaving nothing but the tears on my cheeks and my heaving chest.

The last piece of the nightmare that I could recall was the familiar voice calling my name, with so much emotion behind it. But no matter how long I sat and thought about it, I couldn't place where I knew the voice.

Sitting there, I took deep breaths, steadying my heartbeat. I glanced at my hands, willing them to stop shaking. I shook off the feeling of dread that I had. What kind of nightmare could cause these leftover feelings? The last time I had been shaken by a nightmare was when I was a young kid.

A loud knock interrupted my train of thought, and without waiting for an answer Mina burst inside my dorm room with a bright smile and a wink. She closed the door behind her and skipped over to where I was sitting.

Seeing my tear stained face, she gave pause and tilted her head. It seemed like she was about to ask, so I answered prematurely.

"Just a nightmare, don't worry about it Mina. What have you got in store for me?" I played it off and tried to tease her. Mina seemed to accept the teasing and my excuse with grace.

"Well babe so we've got an hour to get gorgeous, you ready?" she grinned while holding a big black makeup bag and gesturing towards my closet. I held in a groan and nodded with as much enthusiasm as I could muster.

I wasn't one hundred percent sure what she had planned for me, but I could at least count on looking good. I was okay at makeup, the extent that I wore often was eyeliner and lipgloss, but telling by the amount Mina had, she intended to go extreme.

I knew there was no convincing Mina that I didn't need it because in her mind 'makeovers were a girls best friend next to chocolate, shoe shopping and partying'. Which I didn't always disagree with, but at the current moment I did. There was just something about that nightmare, even if I couldn't remember it, that made my stomach churn.

"Time to make you drop dead gorgeous. Not that you aren't already stunning hon!" Mina added last second at my fake accusatory glance. I laughed lightly and sat in the chair next to my desk. I turned myself to face her, swiveling in my chair, so she could do my makeup however she liked. I know this could take a while so I can just close my eyes and rest them again...

———💛🍯💛———
EDITED:7-3-22
That was Chapter three, hope y'all liked that! 2 chapters in one day?? new record for me write it down. Yes it's 12:15 am and yes i will write more you can't stop me. See y'all soon!
-Bee xoxo
———💛🍯💛———

 See y'all soon!-Bee xoxo———💛🍯💛———