“P’Mew…?”

Knowing the older, Gulf heads to the older’s study. And indeed, he finds Mew inside, sprawled on the couch with an empty bottle of whiskey on the table. The older seems drunk for a reason he doesn’t know. Does Mew have problems? But he was fine just earlier. He sighs.

Kneeling in front of the older’s face; Gulf tries to wake the other guy.

“Phi…” he calls softly patting the other’s cheek.

“P’Mew?”

Gulf is about to withdraw his hand when it is being engulfed with a bigger hand. He almost gasps because he is quite startled. The older envelops his hand as Mew presses Gulf’s palm on his cheek. Gulf can’t hold his lips from stretching into a smile. Mew is looking cute.

“Alice…”

Gulf blinks upon hearing such raspy voice. Who is…Alice?

As the older keeps on rubbing Gulf’s palm on his cheek, Gulf feels a little uncomfortable as Mew repeatedly calls that name in his sleep. Still, he lets Mew hold his hand waiting for the older to sleep deeply again…but his intention evaporates, withdrawing his hand as if burned when Mew utters the next word.

“…babe.”

Gulf stills for a whole minute—not blinking as he stares at the older who seems be in a certain agony, in whatever it is that Mew is dreaming.  He is almost holding his breath when he feels like something pricks inside of him.

A groan from the older brings Gulf to the reality and he realizes that the discomfort is gnawing him so he quickly stands and runs to the door to flee.

The moment the younger enters the bedroom, he immediately climbs on the bed as he covers himself with the sheets, hesitating for a second if he will do what his mind offers, until his mind screams fuck it’ so he grabs Mew’s pillow, hugging it tight and inhaling the familiar scent. What just happened there?

And he forces himself to sleep, feeling how empty the bed is, for the first time.

Mew wakes up the next morning feeling a little off. He has no one to blame but himself because he chose to drink yesterday night when he is aware that today is Monday. He sighs.

This is why he buries himself with work, because he wants his mind occupied with other things. But whenever he relaxes, especially now that Gulf is around and he chose to lessen his workload, his mind has the break to think about unnecessary thoughts, and he hates it.

Hell, Mew can even remember how he used to hate his father’s workaholic trait, swearing he will not be like him. Ironically, he becomes one.

Or maybe his father has also things he doesn’t want to think about and work is always the best option. He sighs as he treads his way to their bedroom hoping for a good shower to ease what he feels.

The moment Mew enters the room; Gulf flashes a small smile to him as Gulf utters a short ‘Morning’ which makes him feel the pang of guilt in his chest.

The way that Gulf is sitting on the bed, the younger must have just finished his morning sickness session and Mew wants to beat himself for not being there. Get your shit together, Mew.

Mew heads to the younger and ruffles Gulf’s messy hair. “Are you okay, yai nong?”

Gulf is not sure if he is indeed okay, but he nods anyway.

Upon seeing the younger’s reply, Mew bids to take a shower first to prepare their breakfast.

The moment the bathroom door closed, Gulf sighs. He is an independent person, but funny how he finds himself depending on the other these past few days. Or maybe he is not really depending, but he got himself used to it due to the older’s insisting.