Here without you

After the initial excitement from the ladies that Kat had met Matteo, the group idled around Pisa for the next few hours, shopping, and having a picnic by the tower until the clouds set in, and the temperature suddenly dropped. Kat wrapped her arms around herself and silently cursed hot being too stubborn earlier to bring a coat.

"Should we think about heading back soon?" Gill questioned as she raised her palm to the sky convinced she'd felt a drop of rain.

"Yeah, I guess we should. I think we've experienced all Pisa has to offer." Chad yawned as he finished his sentence.

"It's definitely going to rain," Gill confirmed looking at the weather app Natalia was showing her.

"We just need to nip back to a couple of shops." Matt got to his feet and dusted off his jeans. "It's Westys birthday tomorrow and we spotted a few things we wanted to get him."

Kat felt her head snap up to look at Matt as he spoke. "It's his birthday?" The words flew out of her mouth at pace causing her to instantly feel daft.

"Awww, what a shame he has ended up missing it with you." Debbie very quickly picked up from Kat sensing her embarrassment.

"Aye, it is. Especially as that's one of the reasons we were all out here." Matt gathered up his wrappers and headed towards the bin.

"Oh, that really is a shame. Is there no chance he'll be back in time?" Nita followed Matts lead in tidying up the mess around her.

Jack shook his head. "It doesn't look like it. We thought he'd be back by now so it must be going well if it's taking this long."

"We had big plans for his birthday party." Tyler pouted animatedly to reinforce his upset.

"I mean." Chad paused and stroked his chin in thought. "I guess we kinda still could."

"What have a birthday party without the person whose birthday it is?" Jack snapped before trying to soften his words with a fake laugh.

"Well, kind of. I mean we have all the stuff it would be stupid to waste it, and plus it can double up as a farewell party for the ladies." Tyler chipped in causing Chad and Harry to nod in agreement.

"Oh I don't know lads, we've had you cook and entertain us on a grand scale all week." Joyce looked around the group for a sign from her friends as to what to do.

"It's no trouble, we have all the stuff already." Tyler continued.

"What's no trouble?" Matt arrived back after his long trip to find a bin.

"We're just saying that as we have all the stuff why don't we have the party anyway and double it up as a farewell for the ladies," Tyler repeated his offer again.

"We don't want to impose though." Joyce was quick to add. "You've all been so gracious to us all week."

Matt nodded. "Aye, I don't see anything wrong with that suggestion. As you say it would be a shame to waste it."

"Oh, we couldn't do that to you again." Nita and Gill echoed each other.

"It's no trouble, honestly. We have the stuff already." Tyler pushed.

Debbie huffed loudly. "Look, we can go in circles with this till we leave. When you say you've got the stuff, what do you mean?"

"Alcohol." Matt laughed.

"So no food?" Debbie raised her eyebrows.

Matt shook his head. "No, just a lot of alcohol and some decorations."

"Ok, so let's meet halfway with this. You come around to ours with your alcohol and we'll cook the food this time." Debbie looked around the group to a sea of nodding heads. "Ok, it's sorted then. We'll do it tomorrow night so we have time to go shopping and get the Villa sorted. You bring your alcohol and decorations around and we'll go out in style tomorrow night."