Chapter 6

If there was anything that I hated more in this life, it was waiting. Ever since I was little and growing up, my mom is always telling me that I needed to learn how to be more patient.  Patience is never one of my strong suit. I hate waiting for anything. 

Even back in high school and university, I would literally get a mini anxiety whenever I had to wait too long for anything. I hated waiting on the bus to come, I hated waiting for the lunch bell, and I especially hated waiting for my results after assignments and exams. There was just something about waiting to know the outcome of anything that had me in a state of constant anxiety. Up until today I hate the feeling, and waiting for that guy to get back to me about his car, was making me stress.

I blame this all on Michael. If it weren't for him and his actions in the first place, I wouldn't be in this situation. 

In all fairness, I was the one who damaged the guy's car, so yes I am responsible for the cost to fix the damages. However, since he insisted that he wanted to use his preferred auto repair guy, why was he prolonging the process?

He didn't contact me the next day after the incident, so I decided to contact him on the second day. When I contacted him to investigate what was happening, his response was that he was busy at the moment so he would get back to me. It is now four days since the incident and he hasn't contacted me. This prolonged waiting was making me nervous. 

Does this guy want me to pay for the damages or not?

I would really want to know what my expenses are like so that I can prepare for it, pay debts and  get this over with. I want to be able to relax, and having to consider about this little issue was preventing that. 

It is Saturday and Kenisha had the day off, so we decide to meet up for lunch at and hang out at a Beach view restaurant in Port Royal. It felt good to just be able to relax for the weekend and enjoy the company of my bestfriend. In addition, I had blocked Michael from calling and texting me, so I could finally ignore him. 

"So you know how I was saying that I would want to buy a new wig?" Kenisha asks as she take a bite from her Bammy.

She ordered Escoveitch fish with Bammy, while I got jerk chicken and festival. 

Me and the fish thing in public place wouldn't do well. Fish smell too strong.

"Yeah , you got one?" I say to her as I dip a piece of the chicken in the grinded pepper  I had on the side of my plate.

"Girl, let me give you the history now. So I found this page on Instagram right? Say it is online based. So I saw some nice wigs on the page. Not going to lie, they look well worth it. So I saw this shoulder length bob cut straight wig that I was interested in. The issue is now, the page don't showcase the price for the wigs..."

"It's one of those 'DM me for price' pages?" I say to her.  " I hate that. Like seriously? Why we need to DM you for the price of an item hat you're selling? What is the big secret with your item's prices?"

"That me ago get to now girl. Thief them a look somebody to thief. Let me show you the wig." Kenisha tap her phone screen a few times before stretching it to me. "Here is the wig."

"Wow, it really nice for real."

"Yeah but when I  dm the page asking for the price, the person responded telling me that the wig is for JM$35,000." 

"Thirty five grand for what?" I ask in shock at the price. 

"My reaction exactly." Kenisha says before hissing her teeth. "For a straight hair that is only 10inches, there is no way I'm spending my $35,000 on a wig."

"Unless that wig is made out of gold. A short wig like that don't usually cost that much.  Yes, it does look good but no, I wouldn't spend that much money on it either."

"Imagine, I go ahead and spend that much money on a wig when I could put that towards my car loan. Hell no." Kenisha says before taking a drink from her Tropical Rhythm juice.

"The best thing I can tell you is to buy the bundles on amazon then let me make the wig for you. Right now money not so easy to come by like that, we can't afford to put our hats where our hands can't reach it." I say to her.

"Exactly, everyone trying to make money these days but I don't have it to give away like that."

"Rich people and people who don't have any responsibilities whatsoever alone can do that."

My phone starts ringing just as I finish my sentence. As I look at the screen my heart starts beating faster and I am instantly nervous.

"Shit man."

"Is that Michael again?" Kenisha asks looking at me curiously.

"No, it's the guy whose car I accidentally damaged." I say to her before answering the phone.

"Hello, good evening."

"Good evening, it is Sabrina right?" Alex voice says through the phone.

"Yes."

"So I know that I said I would've gotten back to you before but I got a bit busy. About the repayment for the damages, if you don't mind, we're going to have to meet in person to discuss this further."