Chapter 8-Tattoos and Chambers

I sat at my desk in boredom as Professor Flitwick demonstrated another spell, one that I had already leaned thanks to my father's extended knowledge.

    I drew in my notebook with my quill, inking on a sketch of a snake curling around a human skull, the body of the snake coming out of its open jaws.

    "That's morbid." Tom said, glancing at my drawing.

    I looked at him and playfully tickled his nose with the feather of my quill. "Shush,"

    "It's good. You should get that as a tattoo." He said.

    "I'll pass, thanks. But there's no reason you shouldn't."

    "Well, I usually don't get permanent stuff like that on my body."

    "Aw, really? I think it would really good on you. You got that whole vibe." I said.

    "Well, I'm flattered." He said.

"Mr. Riddle, Ms. Fawley, is there something you would like to share with the class?" Professor Flitwick asked.

"No, Professor." I said.

"Very well. Then save your conversations until after the class, please."

"Sorry, Professor." Tom said.

———

I laid on the grass of the meadow as Tom sat next to me, playing with my hair as I read a book.

We had gone into the Forbidden Forest the few minutes after our classes ended, so now we were just lying by the stream as it gurgled by.

"What book are you reading?" He asked.

"Just some Muggle book Leslie let me borrow. It's a love story between two rival families." I said, suddenly stopping reading. "Do you think she knows?"

"Well, the story does have a certain ring of familiarity, but I don't think she does. But," he bent down and placed a soft kiss on my forehead. "would it be so horrible if she did?"

"I guess not." I replied, setting the book down on the grass.

He smiled and laid next to me, wrapping me in his arms. "Are you getting better in Professor Merrythought's class?"

"Yes. Very much better." I said, leaning me head on his shoulder as we looked up at the blue sky with fluffy white clouds.

    "Eve,"

    I looked at him. "Eve?"

    "Do you not like it?" He asked.

    "No, no, it's perfect. It just caught me off guard is all. You're not one to give nicknames unless they have snide comments in there somewhere." I said with a smile.

    He smiled. "True enough. But snide comments are my only defense."

    "Are you forgetting your wand?"

    "Well, we can't use magic outside of Hogwarts." He pointed out.

    "Like you are one to follow rules." I scoffed.

"You're rubbing off on me, Evelyn."

"I'll take that as a compliment."

"Didn't mean it as an insult, but fine by me." He chuckled.

I sat up and faced him, holding one of his hands in mine. "So, have you figured out a place for us to go on our dates besides here?"

"Actually, I have. Come with me to the Prefects lavatory tonight at 7."

"You going to drown me so I can be besties with Moaning Myrtle?"

"No. The only reason why I'd ever want you to drown in that lavatory is because I take daily baths there, and I'd love to see a familiar face." He said with a wicked smile and kissed me while I was momentarily stunned by what he said.

"I'm horrified by just the thought." I joked.

"No, you like it."

"Do not." I denied.

"Mmhmm, then why are your cheeks red, hmm?" He asked, dragging a thumb across my cheek.

I slapped his hand away with a light laugh. "Shut up. You're a wicked person."

"But you like the bad boys, don't you?" He asked with a wink.

I smiled. "Every good girl needs a bad boy, Tom."