Chapter 14

Andy couldn't take the mystery any longer. Whatever was going on she would know now. Taking a deep breath to control her emotions, she opened the door to that room and nothing in the world would prepare her to deal with all the emotions that hit her when she opened the door and saw what was behind her, before her eyes.

----------

It was a wave of feelings that Andy had never felt in his life. Nothing came out of her mouth but the sound of her sobs. She was overwhelmed with relief and anger at the same time that he hadn't heeded her orders, but he was still there. Awake. Looking at her with a small smile on his face. Andy walked over to his bed and was finally able to say what he wanted to say weeks ago- "I love you." -Robert looked confused- "that day, when you came in, I remembered everything. I tried to talk to you, I asked you to come back because I needed to tell you that."

At this moment, Robert felt the happiest man in the world, as if a great weight had been lifted from his shoulders so that he could breathe again. It was such a light and relieved feeling. No words in the world could describe how he really felt. Finally everything was returning to its proper place.

With his thumb, he wiped the tears that often trickled from Andy's eyes and said those words he never tired of directing at her- "I love you too. So much."

"Forgive me for putting you through all that, forgive me for not giving you what you deserve..." -she tried to apologize for what she thought was her fault, but before she could continue, it was interrupted by him.

"None of this was your fault. It was totally understandable what you were going through. In health and illness, remember?" he asked giving her a comforting smile.

"Yes, I remember..." -still in tears, she gave him a tight-lipped smile- "You don't know how terrible those days were. I've missed you so much."

"It feels like I'm living a dream. You can't imagine how good it feels to have you back, finally. It was maybe the worst months of my life. You're the luckiest I've ever had to have you there but not have you at the same time. , it was painful."

"But now you have me and I have you. Forever." -she put a frown on her face to look serious- "and I hope you never again disrespect my orders, Sullivan."

"I think this is going to be a little difficult to do, Captain." -when she finished speaking, they stared at each other, getting lost in each other's gaze.

Andy took the moment to move closer to him and consciously connect their lips for the first time in months. He conveyed nothing but love, affection and longing- "Don't do that to me anymore. I was so scared you'd leave thinking I didn't remember you." he said when they parted and rested their foreheads on each other.

"It's okay now. Let's just focus on that, Okay?"

"You're right..."

That day they spent the rest of their time together. They talked, laughed, cried and it was just perfect to be in each other's company.

Andy sat by the hospital bed as long as she could, only she needed to get back to the station. Before leaving, Dr. Grey went into the bedroom to see how Robert was feeling. In general his condition is good and promising, he would still need to stay a few more days in the hospital for tests. At the end of the week, he could go home and leave all those moments behind.

--

This last week has been long, but it's come to an end. Andy was finishing up his shift report to pick Robert up at the hospital. He would have some restrictions before work, nothing she couldn't handle. Now he was another story. She finished her report, said goodbye to the staff, and went to the hospital.