Chapter 13

"...In our wedding vows, I promised to love you until the last day of my life. So, before I go, know that..." -Speaking was almost impossible, but before everything turned to total darkness, it reunited all the strength left to tell her the most important- "I love you Andrea Herrera."

Soon, everything went dark.

----------

Andy remembered Robert.  He remembered everything, but she didn't have a chance to tell him that.

There was a huge commotion around her, then she knew it was the police team preparing to enter.  Andy didn't know how long she stood stunned in front of that building, she only came back to herself when several stretchers came out of the building.  Maya, Travis, Vic, Jack and finally Robert.  None of them awake.  The thought that haunted his mind was that she had sent them all to their deaths.

She couldn't keep up with them, as terrible as the situation was, she still needed to put out the fire.  Warren accompanied them to the emergency room.  Once the police had taken the terrorist away and everyone had gone home, it was just her and Miller to check it out so there wouldn't be any more fires.  When they finished, they went straight to the hospital.

"Come on, Captain?"  -It was time to see the damage.

"Let's go..." -they entered the truck and headed to the hospital.

Along the way, as Andy looked out the window and watched the trees, his thoughts were focused on him…on Robert.  He thought about how happy they were together, how much he supported her, and how much they lost together during this recovery process.  The words Robert had said to her were breaking them.  He couldn't leave so soon.  The idea of ​​someday having to accept that he will no longer see the person he wants by his side made a tear run down his face.  She didn't know how to express that deep feeling of sadness, she just felt an excessive pain in her chest, with the lack of hope that was slowly reaching her.  All she wanted was him there, transmitting all his love through a simple hug.

"We're here. Ready?"  -ready wasn't the right word, but she needed to be.

"Yes let's go."  -As soon as they entered, Andy went running to find out about them.

"Hello Herrera. I heard what happened. Your team is fine, but they'll need to stay overnight to make sure they can come home."

"Fine. And Robert?"  -Andy was able to capture the immediate change in Meredith's expression.

"Let's go to the plant room. I think we can talk better there."  -she didn't want to talk to Andy in front of the others and when that happens, it's not good news- "So Andy, the news isn't good. His condition is very delicate. He's in surgery but it's high risk surgery . The bullet hit his heart and during this period when we are trying to save him, he had two cardiac arrests."  -each word said by Dr. Grey, Andy felt his body weakening- "I'm afraid if he has another one, we won't be able to bring him back. You need to prepare for anything. I'm sorry."

The words uttered by Meredith, triggered in Andy the highest level of sadness.  She didn't know how to handle it or how to explain it.  It was a feeling she had never felt before- "You need to save him. Please."  Her voice was shaky and broken.

"We are doing everything and we will do what is necessary."

"Thanks."  -Dr.  Grey nodded, leaving the room, while Andy remained there in her place, unmoving.

Crying... was the only thing she could do.  It was a loud, melancholy, pained cry...
Thoughts like, What if I lose the man I love?  What if he can't survive?  What if he's gone and I haven't said I love him?  The truth was, her heart broke into a thousand pieces when she thought about the time they'd wasted and that she might not have a chance to make it back.  It was too much for her at that moment.