hospital and bullshit

Start from the beginning

She helped roll the gown off his shoulders and over his lap so they could see his stomach.

The bruise was a deep purple.

"Mkay hun, does it hurt on the outside or is it a different kind of hurt? Tell me how it feels." The nurse asked.

"It hurts on the outside but I feel kinda sick." Izuku admitted. The nurse nodded with a small frown, all the signs were adding up to internal bleeding.

"You feel like your gonna be sick?" She asked calmly. Izuku nodded nervously, "kinda."

Aizawa had fallen back asleep, classic.

She handed him a bag as he gagged into it, blood trailing out of his mouth. "Mkay. Okay bud you're all right."

The taste of blood and vomit was not something Izuku wanted to experience. Everything was reminding him of what the man had been doing.

He brought his hand up to his mouth, wiping away the blood. His fingers were tingly and numb.

"Am I bleeding on the inside? Is that what this is?" Izuku asked tiredly, staring at the blood streak on his hand.

The nurse ruffled his hair, "that's what it's looking like kiddo. We'll get you fixed up though."

Aizawa had woken up at this point.

"So what'll you do to fix it?" He asked.

"Well it'll be a surgery. The surgeon will go in and carefully seal any broken blood vessels. Pretty straight forward. We'll do an endoscopy to make sure though." The nurse said.

And so it was done.

I'm skipping to the end of the hospital stay because I don't like writing boring stuff and y'all don't like reading boring stuff :-)

•••

The hospital stay was over. It was the day for the hard questions.

Aizawa and Izuku were sat down at a table at the police station. In a room by themselves with a police officer.

Izuku was wearing a hoodie and basketball shorts with a white tanktop underneath. The marks had grown lighter, but still peeked above the hood of his sweatshirt.

His mom and Brody were being questioned.

The policeman spoke first, he was intimidating, "okay. I'm sorry, Eraser Head.." he paused at the awkward name, "you'll need to leave the room for this."

Aizawa nodded, expressing zero emotion and ruffling Midoriya's hair as he left.

"Okay.. Izuku Midoriya. That's you, right?" He asked.

Izuku nodded.

"Okay. Can you tell me your full date of birth?" He asked.

"July 15 20something" he said.

The police officer nodded, "okay. For legal sake you need to know that this conversation is being recorded but no footage will not be shown to anyone outside of this case and no footage will be shown as evidence. Only Quotes from this conversation will be used. Got it?" He asked.

Midoriya nodded.

"Okay. We also need you to not lie. We can skip and return to questions, but everything needs to have an answer at the end of this session. So, do you swear to tell the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth?" The police officer rambled.

"I do." He said nervously.

"Okay, let's get started then. I'm officer Boston by the way." The man said, he was proving not to be as scary as he looked.

"First question, how often would your dad lash out like he did a few days ago?"

"Alot. Usually daily." He admitted. He already hated this.

He typed something on his laptop and then continued.

"Have you experienced abuse from anyone else who is residential in your household?"

"Physically just my dad." He said, thinking of all the times his mom had bashed him about grades or getting into UA using violent words and hurtful language. She wasn't sober alot, but at least she wasn't violent physically when she was drunk.

After a couple dozen more questions Izuku was exhausted. He felt himself shutting down as his social battery ran out. He was on the brink of a breakdown and he knew it.

But they finished. Aizawa was waiting outside for him.

He pulled him to the side before he could see his mom, "you okay kid?"

Izuku nodded grimly, "yeah." He took his hand off his neck for the first time in a while. The marks shown just above the line of his hoodie.

"Hey I need to ask you, just for safety reasons, were these your choice? No judgement, just with everything going on." Aizawa asked, motioning to where the marks would be on his own neck.

Izuku glanced to the side, seeing his mom and Brody walk into the room. He thought back to the pile of goo. He couldn't tell him here.

He just nodded, "yeah. My choice." He said, "it's nothing like... That." He reiterated. It was everything like that. And as Aizawa told him he had been in the clear to live with his mother, he felt a new dread swell in his chest.

"Okay." He muttered.

"I'll see you at school next week" Aizawa said with a small pat on the boys back. He cringed a bit.

He didn't want to go home.

•••
Ayo 99.999% of my readers vote the story. That's all but 1 person who's reading this right now. If that's you, fix it. Vote the story.