I got more worse, when Vikram went overseas for his project..
I almost followed him there, but my mother made me promise...
Everyday... I looked at my phone.. Hoping to get a call.. Every time the phone rang, my heart beat fast.. Hoping it's him!...

Some time in between.. Gautham.. Made me work for his company, taught me lots..
I agreed to my mom's constant prodding to do something.
I worked mechanically, but I worked well..
Vikram had told me, he used his work to escape from his depression... It somewhat worked.. Of course.. I couldn't get rid of it..
But it was something..

Gautham was very caring and kind.. He became my best friend.. Not the kind with whom you go to movies or lunches, but the kind who you can talk to, who helps and cares for you..
He is now friends with Raya and Akshara too.

So, it was on one of the professional talks where we got a start up idea..
Gautham said.. "Why don't you try, I'll help, I'll be your partner, I'll help with funds"

I hesitated.. Business was risky.. But then.. I didn't have fear.. I lost the worst thing possible in life, what more could I lose..

So I agreed.. To be frank.. I didn't even think it was going to work out... But it did..
We started with few people, and my friends Raya, Akshara decided to help..
It went well..

They joined it recently..and a part of the board.. It isn't a big company now.. Just 2 years old now, few employees, but we aim to make it bigger and better, that's why we are here..

New York! For the conference... For the "best start up India" awards.. For the year..
We hope to gain lots by this, there will be lots of people, lots of networking to do..
And we hoped we get some prize too..
That would bring a lot to the company...

There was one other factor, because of which I was eager to be here... Because he was in this city..

I noticed that my eyes were filled with tears and I wiped them

Akshara entered the restroom

"Hey the meet went well... Are you ok? " She asked looking at my red eyes

I sported up a smile and looked at her.
"Of course I am, we have lots of work Tomorrow.. So.. Go ahead to your room.. I'll be there in some", I said

She smiled..

" You know.. Its my dream to be in New York, I wish Ajay was with me", she said

I gave her a teasing look..

Well.. Ajay had proposed to her... She rejected at first, it was a big drama..
But me and Raya knew she had feelings for him,.. She didn't accept it for a long time.. She was in denial... They kept being friends,.. Just recently, she accepted..

Her parents knew.. And they almost planned their wedding... But Akshara wanted time..
Ajay was so eager to marry, and they had been having this recent fight on why she doesn't want to marry him now..

On the other hand Raya,... Raya was friends with Gautham.. I saw the way she looked at him, felt.. Maybe.. I asked her and she shrugged it off saying it's just a small temporary crush ..
For 3 years? I wondered...
Gautham though.. He never conveyed his thought about girls.. I never knew what he felt about her..

I realized that I was engrossed in my own world, that I had forgotten theirs..
Maybe I should speak to Raya and Gautham later..

I moved out with Akshara, talking about the conference..
Was I becoming like... Him...