Chapter 48

~Starry Eyes~

~Starry Eyes~

Quinn Alvarado

"Thanks for doing that" I muttered to Enzo as Apollo walked away with McGonagall.

Something was going on with him and I figured it was along the same reasons that I too had become a different person. A wave of guilt washed over me at the thought of what he'd been going through these past few weeks.

I wasn't the only child in the makeshift family that we'd had.

"You're really going to talk to him?" Enzo asked, making me look over.

The setting sun lit his hazel eyes on fire and for a moment I wished I could just look at them forever. But instead of doing so, I cleared my throat and spoke, "Apollo also lost family that night. If there's anyone I should talk to, it's him."

A small smile dawned on his face as he bumped his shoulder with mine. "I'm proud of you princess. Take things at your own pace though. Your healing will go at your own speed"

The sincerity in his words had my chest loosening. A part of me had been worried that he'd expected me to already be okay again. That he thought life was supposed to go back to normal. But once again, Lorenzo Berkshire had proved me wrong about himself.

This newfound trust I had placed in the boy beside me still uneased me sometimes. On one hand, he was still the person who made me feel like nothing more than speck of dirt for years, and on the other, he was the boy who held me together in every sense of the word.

Long story short, Lorenzo Berkshire and what this was between us is confusing the hell out of me.

Nodding my head, I aimlessly walked down the halls, Enzo beside me the entire time. "Thank you" I muttered, trying to sound nonchalant about it.

Instead of answering my statement, he just smiled and threw his arm around my shoulder and said, "We have three hours, until you have to talk with Apollo. What do you want to do?"

"Not sure. Got anything in mind?"

It was quiet for a moment before Enzo brightened up. "I have an idea, actually. But you've got to trust me on this one" He smirked, a small glint in his eyes.

"Is it going to get me in trouble? Because I'm not sure I want to spend an entire detention with you" I answered with raised eyebrows.

Enzo began walking ahead while facing me, "I've followed you around for weeks, but having detention together is where you cross the line?" He laughed before continuing, "And we won't get in trouble if we don't get caught. So what do you say Alvarado? Wanna have a little adventure?"

I wasn't exactly sure what his motivation was behind this, maybe to get my mind off of what day it was, but either way I would gladly take the distraction. "Fine. If you get me a chocolate frog next time we go to Hogsmeade"