Chapter 35

~The Prophecy~

~The Prophecy~

One month passed with absolutely nothing to show for it.

Enzo was a surprisingly good help in looking through all the books that I dropped off at his dorm. It was also impressive how many spots he had found for us to shag around the castle. In a broom closet, in the loo, beneath the quidditch stands, and even one time in the black lake.

Our friends had yet to discover that we were involved, which was a blessing. There were some days when Enzo and I acted like friends, and others where we fought so much that I was ready to slap him.

Today was one of the latter days.

"I just don't understand why you won't give up on this damned prophecy already!" Enzo grunted, pulling on the ends of his hair.

I just crossed my arms and watched him sit at his desk holding a book in his hands. "Because there has to be something out there! How else would they know about it?"

"It's been a month since everything last happened. Maybe they're done coming after you" He suggested turning to face me.

"They've been after me for 6 years Enzo. I doubt they're going to stop after we've outsmarted them once."

"Just give it a break already Quinn! Everyone is worried about you! All you do is sit in that damned library looking for something that you'll never find!" He yelled, getting more frustrated by the moment.

It didn't help that I, too, was not in control of my temper lately. "I never asked you to help or to be my damned therapist Enzo! I'm going to keep looking until I figure out that prophecy!"

He shot up from his seat and stormed over so we were face to face. "Tell me why you're so adamant about this"

I opened my mouth to speak but no words came out.

"You have been driving yourself crazy for a month and all of us have let you go down this rabbit hole in hopes of you finding your way back out, but you're not. So I'm telling you now, this is stupid and it's not going to get you anywhere" He continued his eyes soft but voice hard.

Clenching my jaw, I took a step back. "I really don't give a shit about whether you think it will get me anywhere. I'm leaving."

"Quinn stop" He grunted, reaching for my wrist but I just dodged it and slipped out of his dormitory.

They could all think whatever they wanted, but I was going to find that Prophecy.

I didn't stop to talk to anyone as I walked down to the Library for the 3rd time today. I had to find it.

I had to.

My hands shook as I walked down aisle after aisle in search of another book. The sun was beginning to set outside which meant it was dinner time so the library was relatively empty. I had spent every day for the past month looking through book after book in search of a prophecy that threatened those dark wizards.