Chapter 38

~End of the Year~

~End of the Year~

(To fit the story line of Filthy, 6th year will be everyone's last year)

"I can't believe that Umbridge got carried away by Centaurs. If that was all we had to do to get rid of her, then I would've done it a long time ago" Briar mused as we sat in front of our trunks, packing to leave in an hour.

Raising my eyebrows, I looked over at her. "That's what you're on about? Not that fact that Voldemort is confirmed to be back?"

Along with a few other people that I've decided to entirely block out of my head.

I decide my own fate now.

She cringed, "Why do you always have to say his name?"

"There are many things I'm scared of Briar, but using a bald, noseless, snake man's name is not one of them" I snorted shutting my trunk.

Just as I finished speaking, Apollo burst through the door looking at us. "Are you guys ready? We've gotta go."

I stood and jumped up to ruffle his hair. "Yes we are. Did you tell the snakes to meet us at the Train?"

He nodded and grabbed Briar's trunk from her. "Hey! Why does she get special treatment from you?" I scoffed, lugging my own trunk down the stairs.

"Because she's my girlfriend?" Apollo answered as we exited the common room.

"Fine. I guess I'll do everything for myself" I sighed dramatically.

I continued to rant about special treatment the entire way down to the train station. The air was warm and fresh, putting me in a good mood. It was always a little sad to leave Hogwarts especially when next year was going to be our last, but I was ready to see my dad. He wrote to me last week saying something about big news which could be absolutely anything.

I never really liked surprises.

"What is she complaining about now?" Draco asked as we approached them on the platform.

"I'm not complaining! I just think that Apollo shouldn't be giving one of us special treatment. I had to lug my trunk all the way down here while Briar skipped!"

"I didn't ask him to carry it!"

"Oh I'm not mad at you. I'm mad at the tall burly one"

Apollo rose his eyebrows and laughed to himself. Everyone was watching us with amused smiles as Draco looked in between us. "If it's that big of a deal..." He muttered, grabbing my trunk and hauling it to where they were being loaded up.

My mouth dropped open in surprise in time with everyone else's. "You know I think he's warming up to me" I mused.

I finally looked up to meet Enzo's eyes. We hadn't talked in a little bit, let alone do anything. With end of the year exams, it became increasingly harder to find time. Amusement was dancing within his smirk and I just shot him a wink before we all filed into the train.