Chapter 33

~The Aftermath~

~The Aftermath~

"She looks like a baby deer when she sleeps."

"What does that even mean Blaise?"

"I don't know! Just look at her and tell me you don't see a deer."

"What I see is an idiot."

"You're looking at me."

"I know."

Onyx and Blaise continued to argue as I cracked my eyes open. All pain from my abdomen felt nonexistent, making it easier for me to speak. "You both are idiots" I croaked making both of their heads shoot in my direction.

Onyx let out a noise and ran over to me in a second. "Merlin, Quinn. You and Enzo scared the shit out of all of us."

I shot up from the bed and looked around, "Where is he? Is he okay?"

She just nodded and pushed me down on the bed. "He's fine. He's been knocked out for a few hours but Madame Pomfrey healed both of your guys' injuries. Now care to tell us what the hell happened? Lorenzo just told us to tell the teachers to check his father's cabin, then blacked out. Which is conveniently where they found both of your wands"

"I'll explain everything don't worry. But first, can I have some water? My head is pounding" I said rubbing my temples in an attempt to relieve the throbbing.

I assessed my surroundings as they scurried off to find some water. It was most definitely night time with the dark sky outside and the relative dim lights of the hospital wing, but I wasn't positive of the specific time.

The knot in my chest loosened slightly when my eyes landed on a sleeping figure a few feet away.

Safe.

We were both safe.

I didn't take the time to assess everything that happened. Everything he did to keep us both alive. The fact that he was willing to die rather than leave me alone, made my head spin. I'd always known that we had a sense of protection over each other, despite our hate, but I'd never forget what he'd done today.

"We're back!" Onyx exclaimed, snapping me from my thoughts. "I told Madame Pomfrey that you were awake and she said that you should stay the night and leave in the morning. Also I would've told Briar and Apollo, but they were stressing so much that I doubted you want that right now"

I thanked her with a smile and took the water from her hands. My hands felt clammy as I lifted the glass to my lips and took a long sip. The cold liquid immediately helped clear the cloudiness of my thoughts, making it easier to speak.

Blaise and Onyx looked at me expectantly as I explained what happened, leaving out the part of Enzo and I shagging of course. Their eyes were wide the entire time as I went through our capture and escape.