Chapter 10

~Charity Work~

~Charity Work~

Quinn Alvarado

Students streamed past me in the halls as I headed for the Great Hall the next morning.

Who did he think he was? Each step I took, the angrier I became.

Once I reached the Great Hall I took a sharp left and headed straight to the Slytherin table, the broom in my hand. Lorenzo raised his eyebrows once he noticed my approaching figure. I didn't say anything though until I reached the table and dropped the broom on top of it.

"So this is what you're doing now? You feel guilty so you use your daddy's money to sleep better at night? Newsflash Berkshire. I don't want or need your charity" I spat.

Lorenzo's entire friend group was silent as they watched me. Well, besides Onyx and Blaise who looked like they were trying to keep a straight face. "I broke your broom, so I got you a new one. You can thank me now." He said, rolling his eyes and taking a sip of some orange juice.

I scoffed and crossed my arms, "Don't hold your breath. Are you actually dumb enough to think that buying me something with money that isn't even yours will make me forgive you? That's pathetic."

Blaise and Onyx's faces were now red from holding in laughter. "Can you go PMS somewhere else? I'm trying to enjoy my breakfast." Lorenzo only shrugged

"I really don't care what you're trying to do. Take your guilty gift back I don't want it"

He rose his eyebrows at that, "You're so stubborn that you'd rather fly a school broom than accept something from me?"

Leaning across the table so we were face to face I looked him up and down with disinterest. "I'd rather spend the next month in Detention with Umbridge than accept something that has anything to do with you. It doesn't matter what broom I have, I'll still kick your arse any day"

An amused smile crossed his lips as he ran his tongue along the inside of his cheek. I didn't give him the chance to answer before leaning up and turning in the direction of my table. "Always a pleasure Quinn" Onyx called making me send her a wink before walking toward the Ravenclaw table once more.

When I arrived I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion seeing that Briar was sitting there alone. Apollo always walked down to breakfast with her. "Where's Apollo?" I asked taking a seat beside her.

Briar stabbed her egg with a fork and nodded at the Gryffindor table. "He's currently asking out Romilda Vane."

My eyes widened and shot over to the Red and Gold table to land on Apollo who had his hand casually placed on Romilda's arm. What the-

"But he's never shown in real interest in her before. Did he say why?" I said looking over to Briar but stopped once I spotted a purple bruise peeking above her collarbone. "Um may I ask who gave that to you?"