Nineteen || Truth or Dare?

Comenzar desde el principio

"Well then I guess the agreement is off for the week" I say, turning to leave but grab my arm and turns me to look at him.

"No. Your breaking the rules" he says.

"So?" I ask.

"I didn't realize you didn't have enough money to pay rent for the next six months" He smirks.

I glare at him, "You are evil" I say.

"I know. You know we have to think of something to deal with this because I do not want to have to call Grant's brother again" he says.

"Ooh I got an idea" I say. He raises an eyebrow, "And what might that be?" I asks, bored. "If you leave early enough in the morning, then he won't ever know unless he comes in at night, which I doubt he would do" I say.

James stare at me, as if he was thinking about it . There is nothing to think about it, the plan is good idea.

"Fine, what time in the morning?" he asks. I shrug, "He leaves for work at 9:00 usaually so 7:00?" I say.

"Okay fine" he says and leaves me in the kitchen.

I walk back to the living room and see James just sitting down.

I walk back over to them and Charley watches me as I sit down.

"James said it was okay for you to stay" I say, "And obviously it's okay with me" I say.

"Alright, that is great. I'm just going to go get Grayson to unlock his car" he says standing up amnd leaving in one swift moment.

"I sure hope your idea works" James says walking down the hallway.

Me too, James. Me too.

~

The smell of something delicious fills the room, but I wouldn't let James know that.

"How is school going?" Charley asks from across the room in my chair. I look at him and see him reading something in the newspaper. Has he never heard off the internet?

"It's going fine" I answer. "How's the writing process?"

"Long" he replies.

"So I've heard" I say.

He chuckles and stands up walks to the kitchen, sitting on the bar stool. Of course I follow him.

He turns and looks at James. He stands at the stove stiring something.

"How about you, James. How has it been living with my sister?" he asks humor laced between his words.

Oh my dear Lord.

"Interesting" he answers not looking up.

"Oh is that so? You should expect that from her, you know with living with so many brothers and all" Charley says.

James looks up and stares at me, "She never told me that" he says.

"She didn't? That's odd" he says and turns and looks at me, "Why didn't you tell him?"

Suddenly I feel all eyes on me.
Why did they feel the need to stare at me like that?

"I don't know that I had share every aspect of my life with you, sorry" I say sarcastically.

James rolls his eyes and looks back down at the pot.

The only reaction that came from my brother was a breathy chuckle.

There is a long silence between the three of us, me being me, I break it.

"Well this is awkward", I say standing up, "I'm leaving". I walk out of the kitchen to the door.