~Chapter 8 (Part 1)~

The evening air was clam and crisp compared to the tepid afternoon. Exiting the Cafe I kept my eye out also but Jason was nowhere to be found. So I walked with the Lucy and Evie back toward the dorms and the court with my head full of indecision. Would this be a date? Did I want to go there? I never answered the text he sent me, either. It's just walking. What could be wrong with that? Pulling my phone out I surveyed the text message one more time and exhaled a long breath.

Lucy, Evie and I rode up in the elevator to the dorm rooms together. It seemed that as soon as the door was closed they pounced.

"Okay, what is up with you?" Evie's face was painted in a determined scowl as she tried to read over my shoulder at the screen. "Who's that? Ari!?"

"Nobody!" I shouted and jerked my phone out of her reach as she lunged for it. There was a tussle on the bed. She strained for the phone in determination, sitting on top of me with a thump so I couldn't move.

"Lucy, get her cell phone!" Evie yelled, and before I could move Lucy snatched the phone out of my hand dangling off the bed. I rolled spilling both me and Evie onto the carpeted floor.

"She's been texting Jason, your welcome, by the way." Lucy gushed with enthusiasm as she slid her thumb up the screen to read the messages further.

"You gave him her number?" Evie beamed at Lucy who nodded rising a hand, she smiled and high-fived Lucy.

"Also he's been flirting with her!" Lucy held up the phone for Evie to read, moving swiftly as I tried to grab the phone back. Evie stared dumbfounded at the screen reading the texts in quick succession. Leaping onto the bed when i tried to grab it out of her hands.

"She's been flirting back. That's why you were so quiet at dinner I knew something was up. There's no reply? Did you text him an answer?" finally jumping down off the bed Evie handed the phone back, sat and pulled Rogue into her lap to stroked his head affectionately. Lyla sensed my unease and clamored from her hiding place in the closet toward my lap. She laid her head down in a comforting gesture.

"No I didn't at least not yet." Lucy glanced at Evie and I could see they were trying to form some sort of evil plan.

"Are you two going to gang up on me the entire time were here?" I questioned, resigned, as they both looked guiltily at me then glanced toward the floor.

"No, not all the time." Evie reassured me in a sincere voice then continuing with a sly grin.

"We'll switch it up. Some days it will be me and u against Lucy or Lucy and you against me, but seriously you should go." i was contemplating this when the phone buzzed with an incoming text. Glancing down at the screen I saw that it was from Jason.

*Meet me by the greenhouse at 10*

"looks like I'm being summoned" I remarked sarcastically ignoring the little thrilled in the back of my mind. I showed the text to both of them. They squealed with delight and I cringed when the words make-up and outfits tumbled out of Evie's mouth.

"Ari is turning bad girl." Lucy gleamed, when I shot her a questioning look she bounded onto the bed next to me and pulled the list of rules out of my orientation binder that was laying on the desk.

"Curfew is at ten, Ari." She showed me the golden paper of campus rules and sure enough number three said all students must be in their assigned dorm buildings by ten pm.

"What is he playing at? Is he trying to get me in trouble?"My short temper reared hits head for just a moment as I scanned the rest of the rules on the list. Moving off the bed Lucy started collecting her bathroom stuff, when Evie spoke in an off handed manor.