Chapter 25

2 years later

2 years later

''Viv!'' I called as I hauled the moving boxes she left outside her door, into her new apartment. Who in their right mind does that? As I stepped inside, I let out a deep breath of air. Well, I sure am in for a treat today. Her living room was crowded with boxes of all shapes and sizes, making it hard to make your way through to her kitchen. ''Did you drown in cardboard?!'' I called out, only to hear her laugh coming from the bedroom. ''Ah, there you are!'' I rolled my eyes as I found her laughing at her reflection in the mirror.

My eyes scanned her appearance, confused and shocked.

''You l-like it?'' She laughed hysterically, doubling over with giggles as she saw my expression in the mirror. Her previously blonde and very long hair was now dyed a neon pink and cut to shoulder length. I gaped at her, trying to make sense of these changes. ''I figured- new apartment, new hair. No?'' She continued to laugh at my face.

Over the last two years, I grew accustomed to her strangeness and spontaneous decisions. But this was a little shocking. I had seen her last night and she was still the blonde Viv I knew. Which meant that she spontaneously went and got it dyed this morning. And that was even more shocking because it was currently 9 am.

''I mean...'' I struggled. This bitch is finally driving herself insane, huh? ''It's an eye-catcher, for sure!'' I gulped as she continued to laugh.

''That's what I was aiming for!'' She nodded before hurrying into her closest as if I wasn't just frozen to the doorway. ''Oh-oh! I totally forgot, what a dumbass bitch I am! Well, I popped into a few stores after the salon, and look what I got you for tonight's dinner!'' She shouted from deep in her closet. ''You're going to look like an absolute snack!''

I rolled my eyes as I followed her voice into the closet, overwhelmed by the heaps of clothing sprawled just about everywhere. This woman might just be the most chaos I've ever had in my life, and that's saying something.

She pulled out a black dress that had off-the-shoulder sleeves, a deep v-cut, and an open back. ''There are going to be many important people there, who'll be ready to hear your ideas! You need to make the right impression, got it? So get rid of all your dumbass nerves, and turn the 'bad bitch' switch on'' She shoved it into my arms.

''What if no one likes my idea, though? Where will I get funding then? I am going to fail and-'' I asked as I examined the beautiful dress in my arms.

''Girl, have you seen your charm? They will love your idea!'' She refused to listen to my self-doubt. ''Besides, most of them already know you've been working with me for two years. They know I'd never keep someone who isn't good for my organization''

''Now that is convincing!'' I grinned at her.

''I have a surprise for you, by the way'' She had that sly look I had grown to know very well. Usually, if Viv gives you that look...she either successfully did something you asked her not to do, or she did something without you knowing she was going to do it.